New ICS leak 6.7.235

nkostman

Reaction score
Not yet. You can go forward, though.

I couldn't find this info elsewhere by looking, but will the current method of going forward wipe data or is it much like Samurai's script that will keep everything intact?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I couldn't find this info elsewhere by looking, but will the current method of going forward wipe data or is it much like Samurai's script that will keep everything intact?

My script is one of the methods for going forward. ;) It will use Matt's unstick method but no data will be lost.

nkostman

Reaction score
My script is one of the methods for going forward. ;) It will use Matt's unstick method but no data will be lost.

Sounds pretty straight forward, I guess. What are the main benefits of going to .235 from .232 that ppl have found?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not enough to warrant most people moving to it. :) At least not yet. It's more stable, better battery life, etc. It's a more "polished" build but 232 is "good enough" for most people. 235 we will be able to move forward but if you screw up your phone it's more of a pain to fix it right now. (Possible with my script but the 235 update MUST be on the sdcard-ext in order to fix a non-booting phone). Just not worth the pain if you're on 232.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LOL. So, 235 has been out a while now. No sign of a new build. Very curious as to whether this will end up OTA or not.

linuxgator

Reaction score
LOL. So, 235 has been out a while now. No sign of a new build. Very curious as to whether this will end up OTA or not.

The Droid 3 had a similar situation, there were a number of leaks that came out for it, then suddenly they just stopped. About two months later the final leak was pushed as the OTA. They sent out some emails about a soak test at one point, but there wasn't actually much confirmation that there was one actually occurring. I think they were just monitoring the forums to determine if there were any major issues.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I guess we'll find out. There will be some, um, "upset" people if it doesn't OTA until September 16, however. I might be one of them. :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess we'll find out. There will be some, um, "upset" people if it doesn't OTA until September 16, however. I might be one of them. :)

Someone needs to make a Prediction app. It would be like the Magic 8 Ball. You'd ask when something (update, fix, OS, phone) shake the phone and you'll get answers like "Soon" "Next Quarter" "Next Week" etc.

There'd be a second line telling where you got that info like "3rd Tier tech" "Supervisor" "Tester visiting support" etc.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Someone needs to make a Prediction app. It would be like the Magic 8 Ball. You'd ask when something (update, fix, OS, phone) shake the phone and you'll get answers like "Soon" "Next Quarter" "Next Week" etc.

There'd be a second line telling where you got that info like "3rd Tier tech" "Supervisor" "Tester visiting support" etc.

And, "By the end of the year" ..