NEW ICS leak .238

bhp117

Reaction score
Hey dude, if you dont mind can you please tell me how to install 238? I am on 235 but samuri has been warning us about bricking with this leak. Can you tell me how yoi did it?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss-116.html

i
dl the HoB 3.0 from the link above and run HoB then just do as he mention REINSTALL 238
but i end up doing a few more things like having to restore my 235 backup since i deleted alot of bloatware
also i uninstall safestrap and the app and deleted the safestrap folder on the sdcard just incase it screw things up
and make sure you have both the 235 and 238 file in you external sd card

Last edited:

bhp117

Reaction score
So i just download the 303 file onto the root of the sd card and turn on my phone in recovery mode and go to install update, select the 303 file and im done? When will i be prompted with the choice to select reinstall 238?

And one more thing, is there a way to download that file without having to sign up on the 4shared site that its on? Every time i try to download it it says i have to sign up, and i dont want to.

the HoB 3.0 file go into your pc/laptop then install
also dl the HoB compont 1.0 into you pc /laptop in the op of the link i posted previously
i thought you used HoB before
after install into pc/laptop look for the 235 and 238 file then transfer to your bionic external sd card
then on your pc/laptop in the folder you instal it to look for HouseOfBionic then run it
i recommend you read up that op in that link then you will have a better idea of what it do

bhp117

Reaction score
I did use hob for 235 but i forgot how to do it.

alright cool
if you need more help go to droidhive and use the shoutbox you will get more instant help there if you run into any problems andthe people on there is very helpful you will learn alot
im still learning all this stuff and those guys help out quiet alot
good luck

bhp117

Reaction score
also you need to sign up to dl the file but its free so its alright

pbsavages

Reaction score
I did use hob for 235 but i forgot how to do it.

Dude, are you like one of those 6 year olds with smartphones? Cause my special needs friend installed this leak and asked less questions than you do. Seriously, I think you're just messing with these people because 95% of the 233 posts you posted are questions that were answered literally two or three posts before your question.

pbsavages

Reaction score
had some trouble with HoB 3.0 though.. did the 905 no wipe install and when it started everything kept force closing.. i just reset and installed .238 and so far it works ok

bhp117

Reaction score
Nah im 10. Why? I dont think age should make a difference when it comes to learning this stuff.

really you're 10? kids starting this young now and armed with a smart phone :shocked:
damn you guys are lucky :biggrin:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Yep I see space for some minor improvements in 232 but I think I'll wait for ota at this point since it's running so well! Took the lap dock on vacation for the last two weeks and it has been a godsend!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

pbsavages

Reaction score
I get an unable to open database error when trying to edit com.Motorola.Android.Providers.Settings/settings.db to change entitlement to 0 in sqlite AND the xplore file browser.. I'm rooted on .238

jayman350

Reaction score
had some trouble with HoB 3.0 though.. did the 905 no wipe install and when it started everything kept force closing.. i just reset and installed .238 and so far it works ok

i just went through all of that yesterday with the previous rev of HoB, i had done the 232 deodex and 1% battery mod and for whatever reason it killed my battery. got everything fully restored about 4pm yesterday after trying the no data loss, constant fc's, did the full wipe and install/upgrade to 232. i'm happy with 232 for now, although if i had seen this yesterday i may have just gone to 238 instead

bhp117

Reaction score
I get an unable to open database error when trying to edit com.Motorola.Android.Providers.Settings/settings.db to change entitlement to 0 in sqlite AND the xplore file browser.. I'm rooted on .238

get both aShell and aSQLiteManger by andsen from the playstore, both are free app

use ashell goto /data/data
look for com.motorola.android.providers.settings , database , setting.db
on pop up select view with aSQLiteManger to edit the entitlement check

pbsavages

Reaction score
get both aShell and aSQLiteManger by andsen from the playstore, both are free app

use ashell goto /data/data
look for com.motorola.android.providers.settings , database , setting.db
on pop up select view with aSQLiteManger to edit the entitlement check

I don't know why that worked but it did. Ashell opened a copy of the DB in asqlitemanager, but that program sucked big donkey tick.. I ended up opening the copy with sqlite and editing it then used appeal to commit the save .. now what? Verizon can't tell I'm tethering over wifi?

T9

welsalex

Reaction score
Side note: quit the flames

Back on topic: so what do we know about changes/differences in 238 over 235? Overall what is known or noticed?

greeneink

Reaction score

I had no problem changing entitlement.
I think .238 may be the one, seems much smoother and more polished to me.