NEW ICS leak .238

bhp117

Reaction score
Do we install it just like 2233? By putting the phone into recovery and installing update?

You have to fxz back to 905 to flash any ics leaks
235 238 242 you cant fxz back to 905 you can only move foward to newer leaks
2231 2233 229 230 232 all can fxz back to 905 so you can get back to ota
I would recommend you try 232 as thats is very stable and can fxz back to 905 , best of both world

tbone73

Reaction score
You have to fxz back to 905 to flash any ics leaks
235 238 242 you cant fxz back to 905 you can only move foward to newer leaks
2231 2233 229 230 232 all can fxz back to 905 so you can get back to ota
I would recommend you try 232 as thats is very stable and can fxz back to 905 , best of both world

That's good advise. I currently run 2233, so I think I will stay there till the OTA official ICS comes out and FXZ back to 905 and get back on the path. 2233 seems pretty stable I'm really happy with it. Thanks much appreciated.

elphie28

Reaction score
I am still loving .235, but since there is no going back, is it worth it for me to jump forward to .242 ? Is there anything
that is that much better?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am still loving .235, but since there is no going back, is it worth it for me to jump forward to .242 ? Is there anything
that is that much better?

If you're already on 235 I highly recommend jumping up to 242 with the HoB. You won't lose data or apps but will be on a more stable release that has more potential to be the ota. Just use the install 242 option and you should be good to go.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

elphie28

Reaction score
Thank you Samuri. You have been so helpful during all of this. I appreciate all of your hard work.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No problem. Just make sure to get the latest files from the HoB thread. 5.5 is the current version of the HoB scripts, 1.0 COMPONENTS you already have, and the 242 support installer. Then just do the install 242 option and you should be good to go.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I first tried installing 242 thinking i didnt need 5.5 just 3.0. I was confused as to why the msdos bat thing wasnt giving me the option for 242. Pretty noobish i admit but i figured it out.

ROFLMAO! I don't do useless updates to the HoB. ;) I've put a lot of work in to get it where it is. The 5.5 version came from fixing stuff for the HoR.

tlarseth

Reaction score
I first tried installing 242 thinking i didnt need 5.5 just 3.0. I was confused as to why the msdos bat thing wasnt giving me the option for 242. Pretty noobish i admit but i figured it out.

I am going to do something I will probably regret later on, if you don't have HoB 5.5, there will not be an option for 242 until you update it to 5.5. This is one of the things the update does is update the list of updates you can install.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am going to do something I will probably regret later on, if you don't have HoB 5.5, there will not be an option for 242 until you update it to 5.5. This is one of the things the update does is update the list of updates you can install.

Could not be more incorrect. :)

tlarseth

Reaction score
Could not be more incorrect. :)

I was refering to giving advice to someone who has posted similar questions in other topics, chances are the instructions that are in plain simple english are not understood by someone means it is a high possibility the phone will be bricked.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was refering to giving advice to someone who has posted similar questions in other topics, chances are the instructions that are in plain simple english are not understood by someone means it is a high possibility the phone will be bricked.

While I agree with that, I was referring to the point you made about having to upgrade to 5.5 in order to "add support for 242". That is highly wrong. The HoB uses a dynamic menuing structure. The only thing needed to add a new release is the update and the boot img. And the boot img can be created with addupdate so you really only need the update itself.

tlarseth

Reaction score
While I agree with that, I was referring to the point you made about having to upgrade to 5.5 in order to "add support for 242". That is highly wrong. The HoB uses a dynamic menuing structure. The only thing needed to add a new release is the update and the boot img. And the boot img can be created with addupdate so you really only need the update itself.

For some odd reason the only way I was able to put 242 into the menu was to update HoB to 5.5.

But then I have yet to get an update to go onto the phone without having to do a factory reset afterwards either.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For some odd reason the only way I was able to put 242 into the menu was to update HoB to 5.5.

But then I have yet to get an update to go onto the phone without having to do a factory reset afterwards either.

All that is necessary for an update to show up on the menu is an xxx dir that contains the update with xxx somewhere in the filename and the boot img which can be created with addupdate. Meaning that I don't even have to release any new versions for it to just simply work. The person that discovered 242 used the HoB to install it before I even knew it was out. Once I get an update I create the boot img for it and then extract the recovery img after installing it. I then point my update install creation script at it and create a new support installer. All that does is put the new dir in place with the update, boot img, and recovery img. The HoB menu detects it and dynamically adds it to the menu.