NEW ICS leak .238

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I thought the device will go for a reboot after OTA installation is complete, instead of letting us do a shutdown and go into recovery. Was I wrong?

Oh you're thinking of taking the OTA by letting it push and install by itself? I hope you're on 232 or lower and plan on fxz'ing back to 905 if that's your plan. :) The OTA wipes the cache itself in the same order I recommend. Those on 235+ will never have to worry about "taking the OTA" cause it's not ever going to happen.

nri1998

Reaction score
Oh you're thinking of taking the OTA by letting it push and install by itself? I hope you're on 232 or lower and plan on fxz'ing back to 905 if that's your plan. :) The OTA wipes the cache itself in the same order I recommend. Those on 235+ will never have to worry about "taking the OTA" cause it's not ever going to happen.

I am currently on official .905 GB and waiting for the official OTA to ICS. I usually go to settings, about phone and check system updates and install the OTA. If I do so, will I need to do the cache wipe?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am currently on official .905 GB and waiting for the official OTA to ICS. I usually go to settings, about phone and check system updates and install the OTA. If I do so, will I need to do the cache wipe?

Ok, I was confused cause we're in a 238 thread. ;) As I said, when you take the OTA, it will wipe the cache for you during the install process. They run a little script that reboots into recovery, installs the update, wipes the cache, and reboots the phone.

nri1998

Reaction score
Ok, I was confused cause we're in a 238 thread. ;) As I said, when you take the OTA, it will wipe the cache for you during the install process. They run a little script that reboots into recovery, installs the update, wipes the cache, and reboots the phone.

For RAZR Maxx it did not clean the cache after OTA update to ICS. Customers were told to do the cache wipe manually to clear some bugs. That's why I asked. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For RAZR Maxx it did not clean the cache after OTA update to ICS. Customers were told to do the cache wipe manually to clear some bugs. That's why I asked. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Interesting. That's contrary to what I've been told about how the updates work. It's very possible I was given inaccurate info. One would think they SHOULD wipe the cache. I suspect that'll cause some issues personally. In lieu of allowing the update to be pushed to you, once it's out it'll get posted. I'd probably recommend downloading it, throwing it on your SDCARD-EXT, rebooting into recovery manually, install the update, then wipe the cache before rebooting from recovery. That's what I have my HoB users do and it generally works out very well for them. Don't worry, in 2 months when the update is finally OTA, you'll have to come find these directions again. :D

elphie28

Reaction score
Just curious...Why did you choose .235 over .238?

I loaded .235 sort of by accident (I meant to use .232 -- don't ask! LOL). I have just been really happy with the smoothness of .235 that I never changed. The battery life is really good, and once I installed Apex launcher and set up the phone the way I wanted it again, my phone has been pretty much perfect for me. Nothing wrong with .238 -- just never got that far.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
238 is SOOOOO 8/2. 242 is the new kid on the street.

jthorpe

Reaction score
Can I upgrade to 242 from 2233??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes. The update is in VZW's hands now. We're doomed! :D