ICS (installable) has been pulled

jickracer007

Reaction score
Timmy so what you are saying is vrz 902, ota to .905 and than motofail?
Is this the correct procedure?

matthew2478

Reaction score
There is a root procedure that you can do after the install. Its called razrs edge. You can find it on Droid hive

jickracer007

Reaction score
Someone stated that the forever root is preventing me from installing.
Does anyone have the information regarding how to re-move it?
Do I need to re-write script?
Any answers would greatly be appreciated:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

t1.8matt

Reaction score
you either need to moto fastboot the preinstall image after uninstalling safestrap, or fxz back to 902, update to 905, root, install ota rootkeeper with no safestrap, temp unroot and apply ics update. it was confirmed that you can fxz back from the latest ics update. there is also an updated safestrap for ics. i'm running the newest update with cm9 rom on the safeside of safestrap and its great, dont care for the blur ontop of the ics update. no real bugs and great signal with no data drops. cant speak for battery life yet as i've just installed it after i got off work today and have had it on the charger all evening. definately gonna fxz back whenever the official update comes out though.

Last edited:

jickracer007

Reaction score
Matthew I am currently running the update but I am having an issue with the razrs edge.
On run it states the adb files not recognized as a valid internal or external command

t1.8matt

Reaction score
that i cant answer because i used ota rootkeeper to maintain root through the update. did you update to the newest motorola drivers? you might not have the android sdk installed properly too, not sure if that would have anything to do with it though. make sure youre on charge only mode too i think.

matthew2478

Reaction score
jickracer007 said:
Matthew I am currently running the update but I am having an issue with the razrs edge.
On run it states the adb files not recognized as a valid internal or external command

Don't run ADB. Run the script in the file named run and that should take u to the exploit

matthew2478

Reaction score
matthew2478 said:
Don't run ADB. Run the script in the file named run and that should take u to the exploit

Do you have the latest drivers installed because that was the thing that i ran into. There are new drivers to install

jickracer007

Reaction score
i have had to install sdk tools and platforms now it wont even install drivers does anyone know if it is possible to reinstall the upgrade

jickracer007

Reaction score
also had anyone run the vrz .902 after they ran the upgrade? I read you cant but I saw 1 person on droidhives said yhey were successful

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Do you have the latest drivers installed because that was the thing that i ran into. There are new drivers to install

Doesn't the ICS or 905 come with new drivers? How do you know if you need to update the drivers and how do you do that? Where do you get the drivers from? I'm running the ICS leak and love it but I also can't connect the phone in charge only mode, which is a bit annoying. But I could live with it if I have to!