Another ICS Leak this time for the Droid BIONIC!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly this leak appears ready for prime time!!!
I can't find a thing wrong with it.

Moto did the bionic right this time.

I agree. Most of the "beta testing", I believe, has been done on the RAZR with their numerous builds (this Bionic build is VERY recent).

It's still very early in the game, but in most ways this seems (so far) to be the MOST stable OS so far for the Bionic.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same but ill just wait for gummy to implement it into their build for us soon as that's done im back in gummy!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The important part of this is the 3.0.8 kernel, though. It is my understanding that the updated kernel is what keeps us from going back to GB. So i'd think Gummy's ROM would require the leak to be installed first, anyways?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
The important part of this is the 3.0.8 kernel, though. It is my understanding that the updated kernel is what keeps us from going back to GB. So i'd think Gummy's ROM would require the leak to be installed first, anyways?

Hmm I don't know much about that such stuff. Guess il find out when it happens

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bigred8380

Reaction score
I agree. Most of the "beta testing", I believe, has been done on the RAZR with their numerous builds (this Bionic build is VERY recent).

It's still very early in the game, but in most ways this seems (so far) to be the MOST stable OS so far for the Bionic.

I would like to agree with this and run with it.... but the fact that I can't go back (if a bug does show it ugly face) makes me real hesitant...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to agree with this and run with it.... but the fact that I can't go back (if a bug does show it ugly face) makes me real hesitant...

To each his/her own, I always say. I've got the TEC insurance so worst case, I call Asurion and tell them i've permanently screwed up my device, pay my deductible, and i'm back up and running.

So far so good though, haven't found any showstopping bugs. At this point, if I were stuck on this particular build for the remainder of my Bionic's useful life, I honestly think I could deal with it.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
This update doesn't happen to appear attached with an unlocked bootloader as early reports from days past reported, does it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This update doesn't happen to appear attached with an unlocked bootloader as early reports from days past reported, does it?

I think you know the answer to that question lol.

Why do people spread rumors about Motorola unlocking bootloaders?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think you're confusing this with the engineering build that leaked about a week and a half ago (the one WE couldn't install).

That one seemed to be for in-house developer units and would have required an unlocked bootloader to install.

This seems to be a normal Motorola OTA file for normal, everyday phones.

NickSaul

Reaction score
This is great! I haven't tried it yet, but I did not ice that the Smart Action app that's on the RAZR is installed!

bigred8380

Reaction score
Is there anyone that is running this leak that is also running LPP?! Was curious if it was still gonna run smooth on this new OS....