Nandroid backup stuck at dumping data.tar???

Rento

Reaction score
Delete this please!

Delete this please!

Last edited:
OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
I just flashed to Ultimate Droid 2.5 and did a few hours of tweaking... Made sure it was stable, etc.

Well....

I am now attempting a nondroid backup and it's been stuck dumping data.tar for over 15 mins now, phone will not show a charge light... none of the hardbuttons are responding. Scared to pull the battery...

Ironic how I named this backup "UD2.5-stable"...

Can I just restart my phone and everything will be where I was at less then 20 mins ago when I shut down my "stable" Ultimate Droid 2.5 flash? Or am I going to be seeing hell down the road?

Using SPRecovery
Droid 1

EDIT: Pulled the battery, booted up fine... so I went back to perform a nandroid backup, went perfectly fine...

Moral of the story... if a backup freezes, it's fine to battery pull.

Ass Nacho

Reaction score
I'm also having this problem! Been having it for a few days and its driving me nuts! I've pulled the battery a couple times and went back into SPRecovery, but nothing. I've even let it dump data for an hour and nothing. Help!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
What rom are you running now? Is it also a version of UD? What happens when you boot manually into recovery?

OK, three too many questions . . . .

Ass Nacho

Reaction score
I'm currently running Project Elite v4. But I initially had the problem with Charity v11.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
If furman's solution doesn't work:

<snip>What happens when you boot manually into recovery?

OK, three too many questions . . . .
I knew three was too many, only two got answered, how's about answering this one?

Ass Nacho

Reaction score
I installed ROM Manager and couldn't reflash SPRecovery. It wouldn't reboot into recovery at all. So I thought I'd try flashing Clockwork Mod Recovery and I was able to perform backups through there. So it looks like I'll be sticking with Clockwork Mod over SPRecovery. I never played around with ROM Manager before. It looks like a pretty awesome program. Thanks for the help guys! Very much appreciated!

Oh, to answer your last question, teddearp, a manual boot into recovery did the same thing, which was nothing. :huh:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If it wouldn't flash SPRecovery you were darn lucky to get Clockwork to flash at all. ROM Manager depends on SPRecovery to clear up errors in recovery. :) Glad it's working for you.