Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurangoJim

Reaction score
I don't have to speak for Miami, he can speak for himself but from what I know about his contacts they are indeed very real sources that provide usually sound information. Has he been wrong? Yes, he has. But he an only relay what they tell him and hope for the best. It isn't a case of my uncle's cousin herd from his sister, etc. etc.

I have absolutely no interest in this phone myself other then to see if Miami is correct and how people are going to react to whatever happens. Personally I sure hope he's correct because some of you are pretty wound up about this. If things should go South on us I expect to see a large amount of criticism so as a moderator I have to hope for the best.

Anyway I do want to get across the idea that the contacts he has are legitimate and pretty reliable. So we will find out on the 23rd. Thanks to every one for keeping this a relatively easy thread to keep an eye on, and I hope that on the 23rd we shut this down with a new thread. We probably will have to one way or another. I'm hoping for the best for all of you.

Not trying insult Miami, just saying as you've said that his contact could be wrong and there's not much evidence to show he's right.

AnotherDroid

Reaction score
This just means the phone had European GSM bands only.
Hopefully Miami will be able to share something today and shed some light on the device, the lack of FCC information and when it will actually go on sale. I did call Verizon last night and they said that the only HTC device they have pending in their system to order is the Merge. They have nothing on anything else - this was from both calling *611 and the local corporate store.

I really hope Miami gives us some more information today. This past week/weekend he indicated that the pictures/specs/info would be Monday at the earliest but mroe than likely Tuesday or Wednesday. Well, now it is Wednesday...so hopefully the information is coming that will clear these things up.

Oddly enough the Desire HD made it through the FCC without US 3G bands, not sure what this means....

HTC Desire HD Shows Up in FCC Filing Lacking American 3G | Android Phone Fans

babygurl3785

Reaction score
I did talk to a lady last night, had an issue with my phone for the upgrade, it's been fixed. She told me that they are all getting training for a new pre order device but hasn't been told for what phone and the training would need to be done by Thursday. She said that they had no word on the droid pro until they had calls on it and looked it up in their system. She also told me that with the original dinc they didn't have access to that information until the day before pre order. She said it sold out so quickly online that it started with a 2 week back order for her.

She did tell me that it does have to be done online for these 'new' devices, but they can walk us through if we need help.

I'm not doubting Miami's information just telling everyone what the lady last night told me. I'm also checking with a guy from a local store to see if it does get placed on back order if he will be able to hold one for me. :) If I hear of anything else I'll let ya'll know.

harshd2000

Reaction score
went through the FCC e-filings. Didn't find anything regarding this phone OR Merge. Did find stuff on HTC 7 Pro however. May be I didn't search correctly, but no info on this out there yet.

Perhaps it will take time.

correction. Found all HTC Win Pho 7 phones. No HTC Droids that are suppose to come out soon yet

I thought i remember seeing the Merge go thru.

Yep: Verizon's dual-mode HTC slider leaked by FCC | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs

Oh. Yeah I see it. I didnt look that far back (all the way back to September). I figured it would have passed in October. I see it now though.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
This just means the phone had European GSM bands only.
Hopefully Miami will be able to share something today and shed some light on the device, the lack of FCC information and when it will actually go on sale. I did call Verizon last night and they said that the only HTC device they have pending in their system to order is the Merge. They have nothing on anything else - this was from both calling *611 and the local corporate store.

I really hope Miami gives us some more information today. This past week/weekend he indicated that the pictures/specs/info would be Monday at the earliest but mroe than likely Tuesday or Wednesday. Well, now it is Wednesday...so hopefully the information is coming that will clear these things up.

Oddly enough the Desire HD made it through the FCC without US 3G bands, not sure what this means....

HTC Desire HD Shows Up in FCC Filing Lacking American 3G | Android Phone Fans

The article is saying that the phone is not coming out anytime soon... If this phone is suppose to be The Incredible HD which I doubt.. Then we wont be seeing the Incredible HD anytime soon.

aayoo

Reaction score
So verizon's going to begin pre-orders on friday for a phone with no concrete specs, not to mention the rest of the world whom doesn't even know of it's existence. I'd like to give verizon a little more credit than that. This will be a good one!

Jmart922

Reaction score
So I've been dipping in and out of this thread for a while what is exactly known so far about this mighty beast

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

matthew4295

Reaction score
I did talk to a lady last night, had an issue with my phone for the upgrade, it's been fixed. She told me that they are all getting training for a new pre order device but hasn't been told for what phone and the training would need to be done by Thursday. She said that they had no word on the droid pro until they had calls on it and looked it up in their system. She also told me that with the original dinc they didn't have access to that information until the day before pre order. She said it sold out so quickly online that it started with a 2 week back order for her.

She did tell me that it does have to be done online for these 'new' devices, but they can walk us through if we need help.

I'm not doubting Miami's information just telling everyone what the lady last night told me. I'm also checking with a guy from a local store to see if it does get placed on back order if he will be able to hold one for me. :) If I hear of anything else I'll let ya'll know.

This phone will sell out faster and be pushed back more than the Dinc....so when we get the word. Type as fast as u can to Verizon LOL.

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/matthew4295

Wantec

Reaction score
I had to fix other issues with my account, but I just got off the phone with Verizon and the customer service rep looked up the Droid Incredible HD in the system and said that it won't be available for pre-order until Friday.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Big difference though, how many pics of the Droid 2 WE did we have before it was released or even announced? A lot. We knew that it would be in two colors. The Droid pro was a bit of a surprise but it was announced before preorder. There's no concrete proof this phone exists, and the evidence that we do have is very weak -- just some pics of what might not even be this phone from 3 months ago and Miami's word of mouth. I am NOT saying Miami isn't right, just saying his contacts might not be. Again I hope I'm wrong.

Is there a particular reason you and some others seem so very much to want him to be wrong? I'm just curious.

And how long have you been around this board and what do you know of Miami's past history of information? His contacts are much different than a general sales person in a store whispering rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.