My friend's iPhone

darreno1

Reaction score
^^Not to mention widget functionality which is great. Besides if 3rd party multitasking was truly overrated Apple wouldn't be scrambling to implement it in their next OS.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea I don't know what the op is talking about, I multitask the hell out of my droid. Gtalk is always running, email, running navigation and pandora or droid live, downloading apps in the background while using other apps, the list goes on and on. I would go nuts if I had to keep ending whatever I was doing and reopen apps. Plus all you have to do is hold the home button for easy switching. I think its ridiculous that the ipad won't have multitasking on it. At least they're coming to their senses a bit and implementing it in the new iphone update (assuming the people in this thread are correct).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about the iPhone. I always thought instead of doing updates they just introduced a new model and charged everybody 400.00.

I guess I was wrong.;)

R1Lover

Reaction score
The iPhone can run one process at a time. The Droid, which has the same processor, can run multiple apps at the same time. That is the difference in speed you are seeing. Overclock the Droid and you will no longer notice a difference between the Droid and the iPhone (while still being able to multitask).

Honestly.... this argument is over rated... I only do one thing at a time..... on my iphone I use one app at a time... and I do the same on the droid.

It's not like you can run two programs side by side on the droid and actually use the multitasking lol
Have you taken a road trip yet? Navigation and pandora at the same time, not to mention I have gTalk on all the time.

It isn't over rated, it is a useful feature and while you think you don't use it much now if you didn't have it you would miss it.

I use the stereo in my vehicle for music while on the road..... as for the others, e-mail is running all the time as well as msn... then navigation can be as well.... I'm not too sure why it's actually being called as non multi tasking.... maybe it just manages the apps well.... I can be using navigation and it will pop up with a tx or e-mail or msn message just fine. to answer the question though on music, I can be listening to music and also checking e-mail, browsing the web etc.... not sure how it's doing that if it can only do one thing at a time... lol

justbob

Reaction score
I was talking with a few iPhone-toting friends and the informed me that a software update for them wipes out all their apps! :icon_eek:You either have to do a backup/upgrade/restore or reload all your apps after you upgrade.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I was talking with a few iPhone-toting friends and the informed me that a software update for them wipes out all their apps! :icon_eek:You either have to do a backup/upgrade/restore or reload all your apps after you upgrade.

hmmmmmm Im running the latest on mine and my wifes and all went well... nothing lost.

I don't use it anymore, it just sits lol but it is up to date. lol

Brokn68

Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about the iPhone. I always thought instead of doing updates they just introduced a new model and charged everybody 400.00.

I guess I was wrong.;)

I bet Verizion will give us all the Droid 2 for free if it comes out. ;)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the top reasons that people jailbreak their iPhone is for the ability to multitask. It is also one of the main selling points of the Droid. I don't see how anyone could look at that as being overrated.

th9203

Reaction score
sheesh - bunch of kids on the play ground - my daddy can beat up your daddy - my Droid/iPone can run rings around your iPhone/Droid.

Each has their good and bad points and Google/VZW/Moto will continue to play leapfrog with Apple until the rivers run dry and the sun explodes.

Dmoralize

Reaction score
I'll stay out of the arguments in this thread. But I will say, that a big reason that the Iphone has some of that extra polish in its presentation is that it is a single piece of hardware that is controlled by Apple. Their greatest assett (and sometimes limitation) is that by controlling the hardware and software, they can make sure everything works perfectly with great emphasis on presentation.

That said, there are big advantages to the open source attitude of Android and the phones that run it. It's 2 different philosophies, each with their own set of positives and negatives.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
The iPhone is a great phone and very nicely build , superior to the Droid in terms of quality , but it's just not for me .
I have hacked and opened a lot of iPhones , and for a couple of months I had an active iPhone 3G in paralel with the Droid , and I was barely using it . It was jaiboken so it was handling multitasking pretty well , but I like Android OS better or even WinMo , the iPhone simply felt like a dumb phone .

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly the most confusing post I've ever seen. You'd never know you actually like the Droid. I'm still not sure.:p