I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by streetkid, Oct 17, 2011.

1. streetkid

streetkid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not a troll I swear.

I've been rockin the OG Droid for 20 months come yesterday. The phone is barely hanging on, the touch screen hardly works, and I need to upgrade to a new phone.

I was looking at the vzw website, and I can get a 16gb iPhone 4S for $150. I started to compare android phones in the same price ranger, and it seems theres no comparison. If I wanted an android phone to compete with it, i'd be looking at the $300 phones, twice the prices as the iPhone. I feel like the iPhone would actually last the next 20 months where something like the Stratosphere will fall apart in 10 months.

I know theres way better android phones just around the corner, rezound, nexus and razr.. but those phones will also be $300, and also aren't out yet, and we don't know when they will be.

I know tomorrow holds some special annountsments for the droid community.

And I know I didnt really give many arguments to get the iPhone.

But doesn't it seem like it would be a really good buy at $150, I mean, the top of the line iPhone (i dont need more than 16gb).

It seems like, for once, that the iPhone is the low price leader.

Thoughts/opinions?

2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +169
    I'd say it comes down to where you fall on the need for 4G and what apps you're going to use. Obviously you'll lose a bit of customization on the iPhone, but the 4S is unlikely to disappoint you if you don't do a lot of tweaking. If you end up not liking it you can probably turn around and flip it on ebay for $350 or so an just buy the other phone you want.

3. nygrich

nygrich Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If u would like to customize then look at one of the Droid phones, if not look at the iPhone. That's the easiest way to pick between the 2 choices.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

4. brandon9559

brandon9559 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have a new every two credit or something? The 16gb 4s has been 199 every where I've seen...if you have a 50$ new every two you could take it off of a nice android phone too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

5. EL Lacost

EL Lacost Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Dnt do it. Droids are the best

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

6. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +169
  7. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +861
    To me, if you have LTE in your area (and over half the country does) you are wasting your money on a 3G phone. That said, there are some nice Android 3G phones out that would be $150 with your last NE2. Main difference to me would be whether you value the IPhone camera, because the Androids won't touch that (although the Samsung Nexus is supposed to rival it, possibly even better at least for video). But the Samsung Nexus will run at least $299, no question, and that's been the leaked price (although I have a suspicion it could be higher).

8. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    To go from an og droid to an iPhone you should smack yourself

9. dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im in the same boat man. I miss my iphone alot. I don't mod / tweak my phone at all. And I never even use the widgets cuz they eat battery..

10. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +861
    Check your widget update settings. I have like 2 dozen widgets (only a few are non-dynamic toggles) and I have no issues with widgets eating my battery and they never show up in my battery usage stats. Display probably uses 20-30x the amount of juice as my widgets do, so the battery drain is very minimal.

11. gthotie5

gthotie5 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Actually half price does make a lot of sense and would be enough reason for me to jump ship.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

12. gniss39

gniss39 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm actually in the opposite position as the OP. I got the OG Droid and preordered the 4S. Should come in the mail the next few days but am already debating if I should return it without opening it. Will go play with one in a store tomorrow and will wait for the Razr /ICS/Prime announcement. Love the customization of Google and don't know if I could handle Apple's closed walls and lack of 4G ATM (I'm grandfathered unlimited data) .

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

thinking of getting iphone 4s