I drank the Kool aid and went for the Iphone 4S. My opinion on the phone

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
I SCREWED UP.. So all I ever here at work is why did you buy a Droid X. The Iphone is such a better phone. Droid sucks etc, etc. I must admit I was not in love with my X and have had plans to upgrade to the Iphone 5 that never happened. Some of the quirks of the X were it would shut down for no reason. Battery life was terrible. So when I bought the Iphone I was stoked to have the best phone on the market. Well since day one I have not loved my Iphone. Seems like I have to pay for all the apps unless you want a scaled down "free" version of the app. GPS sucks, no widgets etc. I have been considering taking it back but don't know what else to get. Like I said the X I liked but hated the battery life and that it would just shut down every once in awhile. What is a better phone out there? I need a forward facing camera and the X's don't have that either. Anyone else regret their Iphone purchase and what's the best upgrade for me? Only pluses on the Iphone have been battery life and SIRI...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just went to the verizon store with my parents today, rest of my family went iphone today. The droid stands alone!

Nothing wrong with the iPhone, it's just not for me. Aesthetically, nothing compares to it, imo, beautiful phone, but not a fan of the OS.

If you want to get back into the android game, why didn't you consider the x2 or bionic? The Razr is coming out soon, so if you can hang on til then, then I think it's worth switching too.

Insidious

Reaction score
If you take it back make sure its within the 14 day grace period or you're stuck with iJunk 4s for 2 years.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Get the bionic or if you want wait for the galaxy or razr. I have the bionic and I love it. Battery life is great and it does what I need to do like stream nfl mobile for 5-6 hours on 4g.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If you want great battery life, stick with a 3G phone. If I had to have a 3G phone in your situation I would go with a Droid 3. However, the best thing to do is to go to the store and mess with them all. That should help you determine what you want.

Justifi

Reaction score
I think it depends on what you want from a phone. People who have the droid bionic seem happy with their phone. The Razar doesn't have a removable battery which would concern me because 4g is supposed to be a big battery drain. The phone that is getting the most hype from developers to android enthusiast, Galaxy Nexus.
That is supposed to be a pure google phone and it will always get google updates first and won't have carrier bloat ware. That is coming out mid November.

I'm waiting on the Nexus because I like to flash roms and a phone that is so highly anticipated by developers will get a lot of additional development from the community. This is in addition to being guaranteed to get the latest android updates directly from google.

I like my droid x but I have not been a fan of my screen. On a sunny day, it's always been difficult to read the screen. Samsung is almost as famous as apple for great screens on their devices. That is another reason I'm waiting on the Nexus.

All of these phones come with front facing cameras.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Actuallee

Reaction score
Well I must say that the more I learn about my DROID bionic, the more I love it. It gets 4g, it has the removable battery that a certain upcoming phone wont, but still has the data encryption and business ready appear of the razr. The screen is beautiful, pretty awesome camera in good lighting. Can't say the same for the dark. It has a custom version of gingerbread that contains aspects of ics that have been leaked. The processor is very clean and quick. Zumocast is awesome. Great way to save memory with videos and music that you don't always view or listen to. The list goes on. And I am positive it will stay in line with updates. I can't say it destroys the nexus, but it holds its own definitely

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Well I must say that the more I learn about my DROID bionic, the more I love it. It gets 4g, it has the removable battery that a certain upcoming phone wont, but still has the data encryption and business ready appear of the razr. The screen is beautiful, pretty awesome camera in good lighting. Can't say the same for the dark. It has a custom version of gingerbread that contains aspects of ics that have been leaked. The processor is very clean and quick. Zumocast is awesome. Great way to save memory with videos and music that you don't always view or listen to. The list goes on. And I am positive it will stay in line with updates. I can't say it destroys the nexus, but it holds its own definitely

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I agree. The bionic gets a bad wrap. I would prefer it over the Razr.

OP
L

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
I at about 18 days on my Iphone and Verizon's return policy is 14 days.. Any way around the 14 day return policy? If not I will just have to live with it...

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I doubt you'll be able to pull off a return, but the good thing about the iPhone is the resale factor. I daresay you can probably sell it and cover a really large portion of the cost of a new Droid. The values tend to hold up that well. Just be careful with your sale and you should be fine.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Word on the resale, especially considering the slight drop in price for the Bionic now that the Razr is coming out. You can likely sell the iPhone and pick up your Bionic at no loss.

ben6950

Reaction score
At least you'll get the most recent software with no prob instead of your phone being phased out of the equation entirely. I have a friend with an iPhone 3GS and still got the iOS4 upgrade regarless of the old model. I have a Droid 2 which was originally released in August of 2010. Now after only 15 months, I was lucky to have gotten the Gingerbread update and it's all but a certainty that I will not get the ICS update. 15 months doesn't even keep my phone up to date until my next upgrade. What a racket! I'll be right there with you with an iPhone next time around...

eagle923

Reaction score
Sell it on an auction site or Craigslist. Buy a Bionic the same way and you should be golden. Just make sure to get the ESN of whatever phone you buy and check with VZW that its clean.