Motorola Posts a Pic of Workers Assembling the Moto X in their U.S. Factory

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Moto-X-US-factory.png

For the most part, most of the previous leaked pics of the Moto X are either of the device or were taken with the device. The above photo is neither of these, yet it still includes the Moto X, at least indirectly... This is a pic of a few assembly workers busily piecing together (or inspecting) the new Moto X phones at the Motorola factory in Texas. From the look of the pic, it appears to be a quality control testing area, or perhaps it's the final "check and clean up" section of the assembly process. Either way, it would be great to be a fly on the wall in there right now.

Motorola themselves shared this pic on Twitter last night: https://twitter.com/Motorola/status/357949257019437056.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's like duck dynasty 4 guys making all those duck calls.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

Never seen that show but it's a good sign that we got a pic of production.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I had the choice between buying "Made in the USA" products and "Made in China" products, I would go for the former, even if it was a few bucks more.

We need to start manufacturing things again in this country.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I had the choice between buying "Made in the USA" products and "Made in China" products, I would go for the former, even if it was a few bucks more.

We need to start manufacturing things again in this country.
Big corps will never let this happen, keep on dreaming, if that ever happened the big boys and their big bonuses would Shrink:icon_ devil: "GOD forbid the average Joe makes a good living", and that can not happen as greed has killed this and many other countries, so they keep selling us on the service sector jobs nonsense "which is mostly becoming automated". You do know that Motorola laid off close to five thousand people last quarter. And before you know it the rest will be shipped somewhere in India.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big corps will never let this happen, keep on dreaming, if that ever happened the big boys and their big bonuses would Shrink:icon_ devil: "GOD forbid the average Joe makes a good living", and that can not happen as greed has killed this and many other countries, so they keep selling us on the service sector jobs nonsense "which is mostly becoming automated". You do know that Motorola laid off close to five thousand people last quarter. And before you know it the rest will be shipped somewhere in India.

Dig deeper. Without government incentives to move industries overseas it would actually be more profitable for companies to build here while at the same time paying better wages with better benefits than our foreign counter parts. Until laws and regulations designed to make it cheaper to move than stay were put into effect, foreign companies were moving their production facilities to American soil in droves while paying good salaries with excellent benefits package and while a better quality product into the marketplace.
At any rate, this good news about being made on our shores makes me want to consider Motorola for my next phone. No longer can I say "the only thing still made in America is excuses"

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
price of labor in china is rising, it's only a matter of time before manufacturing costs will level out across the globe and businesses will move back home to save on logistics.