Motorola will be Closing the Brand New Texas Moto X Plant by the End of the Year

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 30, 2014.

1. husker_fan

husker_fan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At&t exclusive moto maker for months AND if your on a business account you can't do moto maker. They didn't exactly make it easy the consumer to use moto maker.

2. s27moto

s27moto Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Poor motorola

Sent from my XT320 using Tapatalk 2

3. Hodor

Hodor Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    That's kind of a tricky question because everyone's needs are so varied, but I always had good luck with Toshiba, Acer and Asus. Even within brands you find such a wide range of very satisfied to very unsatisfied users. I would just look for a model you like the looks and price of and then Google the heck out of it. You'll have to filter thru all the usual bs about how much this laptop ruined/saved my life, etc etc, but if you read between the lines you can usually determine if it's reliable enough for your needs.

4. acousticshade

acousticshade Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Try LG. The G2 is a Heck of a great phone.

Can't put out an overpriced midrange phone unless you are Apple. Also, with the likes of the one+1, the competition is getting seriously tougher.

5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Speaking of "mid-range" phones, looks like I'll be waiting a while for a phone with <5" display, good specs and an SD slot. The Moto X came close, but looks like they too are moving toward bigger phones (and still no SD).

Everyone can't be fans of these phablet phones...Has to still be a market for a high-end phone that's under 5", right?

6. husker_fan

husker_fan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope so, I hate phablets, they are for people with low vision and giant pockets

7. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    That market is about as big as the "high end spec with physical keyboard" market. The industry just moved on.

8. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Most people I talk with on a daily basis think phones above 5" are ridiculous. We were just poking fun at a coworker the other day because he has a giant Samsung Note. He also has bear paws for hands...

Either way, most people I know want a regular sized phone, not a phablet/tablet/big screen TV to carry around with them.

I personally don't see the draw to these gigantic phones every company seems to be coming out with.

9. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,662
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    I love the avatar b-jam..lol
    I'm one of those peeps though I won't go under 5 on a phone ..love the real estate on my screens ..actually G2 which was a recent phone feels small in hand and it's 5.2 ..Haha

M8 tapa

10. tommyz

tommyz Member

Ratings:
    +29
    This is really too bad, I've really liked Motorola...

And there goes one of the reasons I was sticking with Motorola... It will probably be goodbye to Moto unless they don't proceed with this shut-down.

11. acousticshade

acousticshade Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I can go either way. The G2 is big, but because the bezels are so small and it's very thin, it doesn't feel that big. I probably wouldn't go much smaller than 5" on any future phone I get for myself though. The benefits just outweigh the drawbacks after using one for the last 6 month's.

12. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Finally someone gives a legitimate reason to like the big sized phones.

I never really understood what people liked about them, mostly because they just say "I like the bigger phones." Well I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that means exactly...lol.

I can understand that you'd like the extra real estate for the screen itself, as long as the bezel isn't too intrusive. For me, I don't need the bigger screen. My brother has the G2, and while the screen is nice, its impossible for me to practically use it with one hand (and I would say my hands are average sized, not small).

For this, I'll stick with the smaller phones, and the Moto X fits the bill for me. Nice screen, nice size.

Search tags for this page

moto x plant closure

moto x plant closure forum
motorola in austin texas
motorola screen repair