First Marketing Ad for the Moto X Smartphone Arriving for July 4th Weekend

jspradling7

Reaction score
"Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA."

Does that mean it has direct tracking and listening right to the NSA??

Sorry, couldn't resist. :biggrin:

I think it's just a clever way of NOT saying that the parts are made in China. :biggrin:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Awesome so I can have it my way huh.

Ok ill take a 5 inch quad core device with 2 gigs of ram. Also I would like that battery to be removable please. Let's go ahead and supersize the battery and make it a 3800 mah. Can you wrap that in kevlar and give me a 1080p display with a 13 mp camera. Also Make my bootloader unlocked and lets top that baby off with a little 4.2.

of course vzw will probably have an issue with that.

Leave my carrier alone.. And please stop dreaming.. Wake up! H-E-L-L-O.....this isn't carvel make your own sundae.. Lmao!

Good try though...

N2 Tap'd

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My bet is that the ability to design it yourself will end up being watered down and be barely any better than being able to pick a RZR or Maxx in the color of your choice.

You are probably right. It's great to see a mfr going this direction, but it's inconceivable to me that the "options" will remotely resemble made-to-order of the pc variety. Probably color schemes and some sort of personalization.

It might be easy to offer options in internal storage (which isn't that different than a number of 16gig and 32gig phones), and maybe even "fool" the commoners with an option for 16, 32 and 64gig SD. But beyond that, even 2 choices of CPU with 2 screen sizes is 4 potential configurations which would hurt production efficiency.

I could also see a choice of pure vanilla Android and maybe a light and full version of the Moto UI

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Leave my carrier alone.. And please stop dreaming.. Wake up! H-E-L-L-O.....this isn't carvel make your own sundae.. Lmao!

Good try though...

N2 Tap'd

Moto X phone not coming to Verizon as a ?Droid? device, report says

^time will tell if this is true.

EVERY TIME WE GO OUT, YOU THAT WE GOTTA SHOW OUT....
nexusae0_boot_thumb.gif

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think if there was a time and presidency when "Made in USA" was important, it's now. We need to take back this country, and what better way than with a company that was there in a strong and supportive way through the last 80 years of this country's history. I can think of no better company to help by taking the "FIRST" step toward turning this country back around and making US the capital of manufacturing and technology again. Ever wonder why Motorola's cellular radios are touted as being the best...see below in Red;

Starting as Gavlin Manufacturing Corporation, Motorola’s first ever product was a battery eliminator in 1928
The first Police Car radios in the 30s,
the first AM Walkie Talkies in 1940 and first FM two-way radios in 1943 which kept our troops safe and helped win the 2nd World War,
the first FM two-way radios for Taxis in 1944,
the first Car Phones in 1946,
the first commercial high power Transistor in 1955,
the first Solid State Vehicular Two-Way Radio (seen in Police Cars) in 1958,
the first large screen portable cordless television in 1960,
the first words (and data and TV signals), from the Moon in 1969 (spoken over a Motorola transponder),
the world's first Portable Cellular Phone demonstration in 1973,
the first Digital Encryption Technology for Two-Way Radio Networks in 1977,
the world's First Commercial Portable Cellular Phone (the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X in 1983 - I SOLD THESE THEN!!),
the world's first Laser-Scannable Two-Dimensional Barcode in 1991,
the world's First Narrowband Digital Public Safety Radio System in 1991,
the world's First Two-Way Pager in 1995,
the world's First 700 MHz Public Safety Wideband High-Speed Data Field Trial in 2000,
the world's First LTE 700 MHz Data Demonstration in 2008 (that's right, the FIRST LTE DATA!!),
the industry's First Project 25 Interoperability Gateways,
the first U.S. Statewide Broadband LTE Public Safety Network in 2011.

[video=youtube;jFZJC7uunRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jFZJC7uunRg[/video]

Plus Motorola headsets are used by NFL coaching staffs on the sidelines!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well that ^ means EVERYTHING!!! :icon_ lala:

Coach 3.jpgCoach 2.jpgCoach 1.jpg

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think if there was a time and presidency when "Made in USA" was important, it's now. We need to take back this country, and what better way than with a company that was there in a strong and supportive way through the last 80 years of this country's history. I can think of no better company to help by taking the "FIRST" step toward turning this country back around and making US the capital of manufacturing and technology again. Ever wonder why Motorola's cellular radios are touted as being the best...see below in Red;

Starting as Gavlin Manufacturing Corporation, Motorola’s first ever product was a battery eliminator in 1928
The first Police Car radios in the 30s,
the first AM Walkie Talkies in 1940 and first FM two-way radios in 1943 which kept our troops safe and helped win the 2nd World War,
the first FM two-way radios for Taxis in 1944,
the first Car Phones in 1946,
the first commercial high power Transistor in 1955,
the first Solid State Vehicular Two-Way Radio (seen in Police Cars) in 1958,
the first large screen portable cordless television in 1960,
the first words (and data and TV signals), from the Moon in 1969 (spoken over a Motorola transponder),
the world's first Portable Cellular Phone demonstration in 1973,
the first Digital Encryption Technology for Two-Way Radio Networks in 1977,
the world's First Commercial Portable Cellular Phone (the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X in 1983 - I SOLD THESE THEN!!),
the world's first Laser-Scannable Two-Dimensional Barcode in 1991,
the world's First Narrowband Digital Public Safety Radio System in 1991,
the world's First Two-Way Pager in 1995,
the world's First 700 MHz Public Safety Wideband High-Speed Data Field Trial in 2000,
the world's First LTE 700 MHz Data Demonstration in 2008 (that's right, the FIRST LTE DATA!!),
the industry's First Project 25 Interoperability Gateways,
the first U.S. Statewide Broadband LTE Public Safety Network in 2011.

[video=youtube;jFZJC7uunRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jFZJC7uunRg[/video]

I'm with you. I look for Made in the USA on everything I buy. Sometimes its hard to find, sometimes it doesn't exist and sometimes it is WAY inferior quality but I usually buy Made in the USA. Shoot, even when I bought my car, I bought a Subaru Legacy GT. Sure, the company is Japanese but the car is built in Indiana and so are most of its parts. Chevys and Fords tend to be made elsewhere and assembled in Mexico. I'd rather have American workers getting paid to build my car and make a lot of its parts and the money after they get paid go to Japan then foreigners get paid to build an 'American' car and a handful of fat cats get the money from it.

I want my money that I spend to stay in the US as much as possible.