[Rumor] Leaked Pic of Fully Assembled Moto X Shows Up

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
black-moto-x-leaked-pic.jpg

We must preface this report with the disclaimer that we are highly skeptical of it. The above leaked pic is supposedly a fully assembled black Moto X. What is odd about it is that it looks similar to previous leaks, but also dissimilar in many respects too. The general shape and positioning of the camera and LED seems to be the same as previous leaked pics, but the device seems a great deal thicker than what we have seen previously.

This could be a number of things. One, it could be an earlier prototype of the phone. Two, it could simply be the angle and proximity to the camera taking the picture creating the illusion of greater thickness. Three, it could just be a really thick phone when all is said and done. We also can't tell the material in this pic. In previous leaked pics, the Moto X appeared to have a soft-rubberized backing, but here we can't quite tell if it has this or is merely plastic. Of course, our previous assessment of the phone having a rubberized backing could have been incorrect as well. It's sometimes hard to determine the surface material of a device just by looking at pictures.

Regardless, this device is a bit plain and probably isn't going to win any "smartphone beauty pageants" anytime soon. Share your thoughts.

Source: PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Dual locked bootloader and encrypted fastboot....nope.

I apparently confused the new Droid series with the MotoX about the above statement. At the same time though, I will leave it there because of what Moto does to their phones in general. No reason not to expect the MotoX to be any different.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think what we see here is the potential for a whole lot of battery.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Dual locked bootloader and encrypted fastboot....nope.
I thought that was just the Droid series. This is not part of that series.

They clearly say that the Droid line will be locked down with NO mention of the Moto X being that way. The Moto X is also appearing on all of the other U.S. carriers with minimal interference from the carriers.

To say that the Moto X is locked down is just NOT TRUE at this point.

Schmidt02_941-705_resize_large_large.jpg

Eric Schmidt is rockin' one already.

Last edited: