Motorola Officially Unleashes the Droid RAZR HD, HD MAXX & Droid RAZR M

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus form factor - that S3 is great, but huge. The M is tempting to me, honestly, b/c I'm a bit tired of the massive phones, and it has great specs with the S4 processor. I'm sure the screen won't be as nice, we'll see how big of a trade-off that is.

razr m is a slight upgrade from a regular razr with the screen being the same size

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
razr m is a slight upgrade from a regular razr

True, but the S4 should be a big help in multiple areas... LTE/3G handoff, battery efficiency - plus having a 2000mah vs. 1750 (is that right?) - and just overall feel in how it runs. But from what I've read so far, the camera is still the same lackluster Moto camera, and as stated, the screen appears to be identical to the Razr/Maxx. So you're right, but I think the fact that it's the S4 shouldn't be discounted either.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
True, but the S4 should be a big help in multiple areas... LTE/3G handoff, battery efficiency - plus having a 2000mah vs. 1750 (is that right?) - and just overall feel in how it runs. But from what I've read so far, the camera is still the same lackluster Moto camera, and as stated, the screen appears to be identical to the Razr/Maxx. So you're right, but I think the fact that it's the S4 shouldn't be discounted either.

1780 and yep was definitely counting the s4 as a benefit

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So why are many of you excited about these new Moto's with a locked bootloader and non removable battery running ICS, when the GS3 is already out, tested and rom'd and should have JB before any of the Moto's???

Do you just dislike Samsung that much??? because the GS3 is a great phone.

Because some of us had less than stellar results with Samsung devices in regards to reception and battery life. I had the G'Nex and the SIII. Shoddy reception and miserable battery life. Those two have long been sold off. I am still using my Maxx that I have had since February. I could honestly care less about locked bootloaders. My N7 has been unlocked since day one. But it isn't a deal breaker for me. I will take outstanding reception, battery life and build quality over an unlocked bootloader any day of the week. After all what good is an unlocked device that gets bad reception and miserable battery life???

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I LOVE my SGS3! I love the speed, the bright, sharp screen, the fluid ease of use, the clear call quality....everything! I've never had a problem with making calls or battery life (I generally go a day and a half between chargings) so I'm very happy with this phone.
I wanted to hold out for the Razr Maxx HD, but I grabbed the SGS3 in June to keep my unlmited data with VZW. Darn glad I did.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
t35rk said:
So why are many of you excited about these new Moto's with a locked bootloader and non removable battery running ICS, when the GS3 is already out, tested and rom'd and should have JB before any of the Moto's???

Do you just dislike Samsung that much??? because the GS3 is a great phone.

Radios and stability.

And Motorola phones are pretty.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I should point out again.. that moto said the hd's would have jb out of the box. I know I heard it... or was I dreaming :blink:

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I should point out again.. that moto said the hd's would have jb out of the box. I know I heard it... or was I dreaming :blink:

No. It will be available by the end of the year. Not OOTB. So my guess is we will see the RHD and RHDM around Black Friday and JB for them on December 31st. :p

mgrande

Reaction score
The reg HD should have awesome battery life with the s4 and 2530mah, the maxx hd should be crazy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No. It will be available by the end of the year. Not OOTB. So my guess is we will see the RHD and RHDM around Black Friday and JB for them on December 31st. :p

Don't be a kill joy lmao :D

jayman350

Reaction score
Overall, not impressed with these new devices. Especially since I'm not renewing my VZW contract so I will be purchasing my next phone at retail.

I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for Moto releasing another line of phones that don't have the latest OS already loaded onto them. Why can just about every other manufacturer develop and put out a phone that uses the latest version of the OS, but Moto is incapable of this?

I do like the build quality of my Moto phones, but there is no way I would ever purchase another Moto phone with the intention of getting the latest OS in an OTA. Especially after how badly they have handled the upgrade for the Bionic/RAZR/MAXX/D4. The Bionic is still waiting on an OTA, the initial releases for the RAZR had huge bugs. Moto really needs to step up their game and stop releasing devices that are behind the curve the day they are released.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think a single device besides the N7 has come out with Jelly Bean on it...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Th note 2...but technically it is not out for purchase yet so yeah ya right.

t35rk

Reaction score
Because some of us had less than stellar results with Samsung devices in regards to reception and battery life. I had the G'Nex and the SIII. Shoddy reception and miserable battery life. Those two have long been sold off. I am still using my Maxx that I have had since February. I could honestly care less about locked bootloaders. My N7 has been unlocked since day one. But it isn't a deal breaker for me. I will take outstanding reception, battery life and build quality over an unlocked bootloader any day of the week. After all what good is an unlocked device that gets bad reception and miserable battery life???

I hear what you are saying about past Sammy devices. But the GS3 has out of the box great reception and battery life. It is much closer to the newer Motos than the older Sammys.

Last edited: