Quick Review of the Motorla Droid RAZR M

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;hpYrdzJFslY]http://youtu.be/hpYrdzJFslY[/video]​

Here's a quick run through of Motorola's Droid RAZR M that is available now on Verizon Wireless for $99.99 on contract. For a sub $100.00 handset the RAZR M delivers the goods. Build quality is fantastic, call quality is what you have come to expect from Motorola and battery life will not be an issue for most users. Overall, the RAZR M scores a homerun. A lot of bang for the buck as the saying goes. Here's a quick recap of the specs:
  • 4.3-inch qHD (540×960) Super AMOLED Advanced display
  • Dual-Core 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 CPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8GB ROM MicroSD Storage
  • Rear Camera: 8MP; Front Camera: VGA; 1080p HD video recording
  • DLNA, NFC, 802.11a/b/g/n Wifi. Bluetooth 4.0
  • Android 4.0.4
  • 2000mAh battery
Via:YouTube

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
waiting for my hd maxi

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Does it do MHL then?

feverhost

Reaction score
For $100... you can't beat it. Heck it's just about as good as my original Droid RAZR that Verizon was selling for $300 a year back.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but it's better than our OG Razr in every way. The one plus would be full 4.3 inch screen due to the M's on screen buttons. But I would give up the negligible .3 inches for a S4 processor, edge to edge screen, bigger battery, NFC, and small footprint every day of the week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Same for me

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

All I can say is that if the RAZR M is this impressive I can't imagine what kind of device the HD will be. You guys are going to own one heck of a handset.

npro1464

Reaction score
I'm diggin the fact that it has a smaller screen, but the whole homescreen all the way to the left thing bugs me enough to not consider any Moto phones until they change that. Call me old fashioned or set in my ways, but I need to be able to set my home screen in the middle. Its the way it was, has been, and always should be (IMO) on Android phones/tablets. Besides, that setup is too iPhoneish... lawsuit anyone?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I'm diggin the fact that it has a smaller screen, but the whole homescreen all the way to the left thing bugs me enough to not consider any Moto phones until they change that. Call me old fashioned or set in my ways, but I need to be able to set my home screen in the middle. Its the way it was, has been, and always should be (IMO) on Android phones/tablets. Besides, that setup is too iPhoneish... lawsuit anyone?

What's a matta? You no lika aftermarket launchers? Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
What's a matta? You no lika aftermarket launchers? Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

No I don't. Maybe it's just because I have a Thunderbolt, which is incredibly laggy and can't handle another launcher placed on top of the Sense one, but my experience with aftermarket launchers has been a poor one.

geoff5093

Reaction score
No I don't. Maybe it's just because I have a Thunderbolt, which is incredibly laggy and can't handle another launcher placed on top of the Sense one, but my experience with aftermarket launchers has been a poor one.
I've been using GoLauncher over Sense on my TB and it's 5x more responsive.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Good video Chris!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Little late here but I stood in VZW for like an hour the other day playing with the Razr M for a few minuets, but mostly played with the OG Razr. I have to say the M is a very nice phone. I found it really responsive and ICS Blur was actually pretty nice, but I would still go CM/AOKP or any moded ROM over it simply because I prefer the tweaks added by devs. It had a good size screen if you don't like mammoth sized screens, and the screen takes up most of the real estate of the front of the phone which was nice. It felt solid construction wise, and more positives then negatives. For a more budget price it is really nice.