Motorola Officially Unleashes the Droid RAZR HD, HD MAXX & Droid RAZR M

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-razr-hd-and-maxx.jpeg
droidrazrm.jpeg

The above pics are of the Droid RAZR HD and the Droid RAZR M. The Droid RAZR HD MAXX press shot is identical.

Eric Schmidt, Senior Executive for Google, and the new CEO of Motorola, Dennis Woodside kicked off Motorola's press event with a bang! Then, the official launch of Moto's newest mobile products came. The resultant announcement is Motorola's Droid RAZR HD, the Droid RAZR HD MAXX, and the Droid RAZR M.

Here are the specs below:

Motorola Droid RAZR HD - Available before the Holidays, with pricing unannounced
  • 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor
  • 4G LTE
  • 1GB of RAM
  • NFC
  • 2500 mAh Battery
  • 4.7-inch 1196 x 720 resolution display with ColorBoost technology and a pixel density of 331 ppi
  • 8-megapixel rear camera capable of recording 1080p video, a 3MP front-facing shooter
  • GSM / UMTS / HSPA+ global roaming
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and feature the latest version of the MOTOBLUR user interface - Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean before the end of the year, or may launch with Jelly Bean depending on launch window
  • A microSD slot
  • Black or White
  • 16GB On-Board Storage
  • Kevlar Backing
  • Gorilla Glass Display

Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD - Available before the Holidays, with pricing unannounced
  • 4G LTE
  • 1GB of RAM
  • NFC
  • 3300 mAh Battery
  • 4.7-inch 1196 x 720 resolution display with ColorBoost technology and a pixel density of 331 ppi
  • 8-megapixel rear camera capable of recording 1080p video, a 3MP front-facing shooter
  • A microSD slot
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and feature the latest version of the MOTOBLUR user interface - Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean before the end of the year, or may launch with Jelly Bean depending on launch window
  • Only in Black
  • 32GB On-Board Storage
  • Kevlar Backing
  • Gorilla Glass Display

Motorola Droid RAZR M - Available for preorder at 5PM ET tonight for $149.99 plus a $50 Mail-in Rebate bringing it down to $99.99 on contract.
  • 4g LTE
  • 1GB RAM
  • 4.3-inch qHD (960 x 540)
  • 2000 mAh
  • 8GB of internal storage
  • A microSD slot
  • NFC
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and feature the latest version of the MOTOBLUR user interface - Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean before the end of the year
  • White or Black
  • Kevlar Backing
  • Gorilla Glass Display

*Final Update: The only other thing worth noting is that Motorola specifically mentioned they will be offering unlocked developer editions separately from now on. This should allow devs to bypass Verizon's restrictive nature.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'll take two maxx HD's... but next week for the m... but before the holidays for the other 2... but with jelly bean...:)

I believe the HD and maxx HD will be released with jb...

Last edited:

pinoy_92

Reaction score
weak conference... the band before the conference was better then the actual conference..

good news is razr m is only $99!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gotta admit, a smaller device is appealing for a change.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like much of a change. Like Dual Core processors, really? And Jelly bean support? Does this mean the razr and razr maxx won't support jelly bean?
Only big thing is the maxx's battery that I can see.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it appears the key (only?) differences between the Razr/Maxx and RazrHD/MaxxHD are the HD screen with that color boost, the S4 processor, and NFC - unless I'm missing something. Form factor looks slightly different obviously, as well. The Maxx should get killer battery life with the S4, though it will probably be more than offset by the HD screen.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Does this mean a price reduction in the razr and razr maxx price is imminent?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And jelly bean..

Sakeem

Reaction score
At least they are releasing both variations at the same time this time around. I have a feeling those with an upgrade in their pockets, and if they are interested in any of these phones, will go for the Razr Maxx HD. Although, the M is at a really good price point and should move in sales as well.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
does this mean no jelly bean support for the razr and razr maxx? This might make my decision to go to the nexus.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what about price reductions on ebay and craigslist? I am looking to buy one on craigslist or ebay. I mean the maxx or nexus.

Reaction score
Thank god they got rid of the capacitive buttons at the bottom! DROID RAZR HD MAXX looks like it'll be friggin' sweet!