Verizon Makes it Official: The Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD Oct. 18th

drew96dawg

Reaction score
So, if I open up a new account with big red and get it for $299 then cancel and pay the ETF which is $300 that would save me a couple hundred dollars. Hmmm, what if I get it at Costco? Or Amazon? Might be cheaper.

Etf is $350

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
not quite, if you cancel within thirty days they charge you the full retail price, so you have to pay for one month of service. at least I'm pretty sure that how it goes.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

beefchopper

Reaction score
why the non-interest? Seems like a decent enough phone.

What does it not do that it should?

--Scott

I think it is more than "decent enough". I'm sure it will be a great phone and I am still going to consider it. I was definitely planning to buy the HD Maxx before hearing about the Note 2 and still might. In answer to what it is missing, the quad core is nice and I'd prefer a removable battery but neither are dealbreakers for me. What I really want is a big screen. I was happy when I heard the HD Maxx was 4.7 inches but less so after finding out some of the screen is used for the on screen buttons, effectively making it smaller. I'm not sure it will look bigger than the 4.3 inch screen in the original Razr Maxx. If the HD Maxx did not have the on screen buttons I'd have chosen it. Now once I see the HD Maxx and Note 2 side by side I'll have my answer.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
That was much sooner than I anticipated. Good job Motorola and Verizon.

beefchopper

Reaction score
That was much sooner than I anticipated. Good job Motorola and Verizon.

I just hope it really is a good job and that the reason they were able to do it is that the "antennagate" problem is solved rather than a because they decided that they had better get to market and make as many sales as they can before the Note 2 is introduced.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
why the non-interest? Seems like a decent enough phone.

What does it not do that it should?

--Scott

It does everything it should do, its just that the note 2 is going to do it better. 1.5ghz dual-core, 1 gig of ram, non removable battery, 4.7inch screen for the razr hd. 1.6ghz quad-core, 2gigs of ram, big and removable battery, 5.5 inch screen for the note 2. The note also has s pen which helps multitasking and will probably have a better camera than the razr. Since they will launch at the same price simple logic would tell you that if the note 2 fits your hand buy it

drew96dawg

Reaction score
If the lg nexus for vzw turns out to be the same as the optimus g it will worth looking at also

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So, if I open up a new account with big red and get it for $299 then cancel and pay the ETF which is $300 that would save me a couple hundred dollars. Hmmm, what if I get it at Costco? Or Amazon? Might be cheaper.

Also watch out...if you buy at Costco or Amazon along with the ETF from Verizon, there's ANOTHER ETF from Costco or Amazon for the "data plan" portion of the contract.

mach330

Reaction score
Why no white on the maxx? If vow doesn't have the nexus, I may have to get this phone. My first priority now on my next phone is battery life and thin.

Quantumstate

Reaction score
Where are you guys going to stash this Note II?

Put it in your back pocket, and you'll crack the screen first time you sit down. Unless you're fat.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Where are you guys going to stash this Note II?

Put it in your back pocket, and you'll crack the screen first time you sit down. Unless you're fat.
They fit fine in the front pocket, just as long as you don't only wear skinny jeans.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Not sure about the 7 myths of a quad-core, but maybe someone else will:

7 myths about quad-core phones (Smartphones Unlocked) | Mobile - CNET News

From what I've read, the quadcore will shine when more software is written to take advantage of it. I don't want to lock myself into a new dualcore phone for 2 years. It would be my luck that a month after I buy another dualcore phone a ton of cool apps will come out for quadcore only or something. Regardless if new software comes out or not, I want to have a phone that can take advantage of it if it does. It's a "better to have it and not need it" kind of thing.:biggrin: