[Rumor] Droid RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Launching October 18th; $199 & $299 Each

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-razr-hd-blac-and-white.jpeg

Here's a tasty rumor we heard from some of our insider sources at Big Red. Supposedly, the new Droid RAZR HD and the Droid RAZR HD MAXX will be hitting store shelves on October 18th! Here is the pricing we have for them too: Droid RAZR HD $199 and Droid RAZR HD MAXX $299. We can't confirm this, but it looks promising, and we will keep you updated!

bluefire7002

Reaction score
What is the point of getting them even making the Droid RAZR HD when they also have the MAXX for sale? I know its 100 bucks cheaper, but seems to me people that upgrade to this phone are all going to go with the MAXX. especially with their other phone coming out.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Awesome that's a cool birthday event

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the point of getting them even making the Droid RAZR HD when they also have the MAXX for sale? I know its 100 bucks cheaper, but seems to me people that upgrade to this phone are all going to go with the MAXX. especially with their other phone coming out.

Yea....especially when you look at the price of extended batteries....you wind up spending about $100 extra anyway. I know I plan on getting the Maxx HD. Hearing the same ole, same ole about other phones from users....I think I will just stick with Motorola until I cant anymore.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I just hope they have one when I get there after work. My verizon friend and another verizon rep told me I couldn't pre order to outright buy it.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go with the note 2 it's huge, has a built in stylus.... and a nicer screen.

the razr m is a joke imo however these do look pretty nice... I'll have to try them about before I decide 100% I really don't want to drop motorola, I'm just tired of all of us getting screwed.

lazarus2297

Reaction score

I actually think I am going to go with the RAZR HD and save the $100.. I mean the RAZR HD already has a big battery and "should" last me through the day which is all I care about for the most part...

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I actually think I am going to go with the RAZR HD and save the $100.. I mean the RAZR HD already has a big battery and "should" last me through the day which is all I care about for the most part...

It "should" but with the maxx its pretty much guaranteed to last a whole day

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I am actually glad they give the option.. My Samsung GS3 lasts me long enough and it has a smaller battery, and from what i have read the RAZR HD's processor is more efficient.. so for me I don't think I will get $100 worth of benefit out of the phone..

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
lazarus2297 said:
I am actually glad they give the option.. My Samsung GS3 lasts me long enough and it has a smaller battery, and from what i have read the RAZR HD's processor is more efficient.. so for me I don't think I will get $100 worth of benefit out of the phone..

I agree, but is part of the 100 dollar savings no card. Moot point for I transfer the sd card anyways. I'll opt for the maxx if the retail price is still about 100 difference.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Hope the dev phone is avail at the same time.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions on the dev edition... on one hand I really want it but on the other is the fact that Motorola is telling you up front that by unlocking the phone the warranty is void... and I know that you can "harm" the hardware by doing certain things that are available by unlocking.. but I hate thinking that I might have a hardware issue COMPLETELY un-related to rooting/unlocking and have Motorola refuse to service or require a fee for servicing the phone because I unlocked the phone..

In the end I will probably go with the standard edition.. unlocking does give way more options, but as long as I can root and delete/hide bloat then that will probably be sufficient for me.

tc1

Reaction score

At least they're releasing the 2 at the same time and not screwing over people by releasing a better version 2 months later like the 1st droid rzr.

I was really agitated when I bought the 1st droid razr, only to have the maxx come out 2 months later.

Detonation

Reaction score
Interested in the Razr HD but gonna have to see what else is announced first. I'm not too concerned about the locked bootloader, but based on the Razr M, I'm worried about it even getting rooted.