Motorola Droid X Users - Prepare for Update!

Inkarnit

Reaction score
can't get that update to go to my phone, what's the problem

Seriously? Are you just messing around or are you blind? Read the post above yours. I'm convinced that people don't learn how to read in school anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I'm new here but very familiar with forums and posting. I do agree that repeated questions are annoying at times but i think a lot of what's going on here is people getting anxious for something new. Whether good or bad people get excited on the heels of getting something new. Much like the kid bugging their parents to open a gift before christmas.

And I understand that. Completely. I have a pretty decent amount of tolerance too, because I know people don't want to read through pages and pages... but this is only 5 pages. And it was the VERY PREVIOUS FARKING POST. There's no excuse for that.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had issues with the stock music player FC after 2.2. I dont know about it now cuz I use Mixzing.

The lastest Froyo leak (not this one) fixes the Battery Manager FC tho.

1barlog17

Reaction score
So if I unroot but my DroidX still boots into the bootstrap clockwork menu when I restart my phone, will I get the update? Or should I start looking into how I get clockwork recovery off of my phone? I've been waiting for this update fix my X has so many problems and I don't want to miss this.

Big Fate

Reaction score
The thing is I didnt even get prompted with an update... It just wont let me update... Wheres my Madden??? lol

Sigh

You people have no patience. Just because they announced the update today doesn't mean it's available for download today. It's like showing a preview for a movie... Doesn't mean it's out.

Ummmm... Considering the fact that they provided you with a PDF file format on how to properly install your new update one would easily believe that this has been released already. Trust I'm more patient than most, all i'm saying is why market something a month early? A week is more than sufficient dont ya think?

B

budmonster

for god sakes the damn update could come out tomorrow or next month, vzw is just saying that its coming out. theres no date on the pdf, anywhere. next person who asks why its not updating there phone yet gets shot.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
This is the problem with all these sites and forums posting "insider information" before it's made official. It gets everybody worked up into thinking something is available at the time of the unofficial post and nobody stops to check with the official source or even properly read the announcement.

Nobody has any patience anymore in this on-demand world.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the problem with all these sites and forums posting "insider information" before it's made official. It gets everybody worked up into thinking something is available at the time of the unofficial post and nobody stops to check with the official source or even properly read the announcement.

You ain't kidding!
I remember last year when all the drama was abuzz on these forums and others about when the D1 was getting 2.0.1 and 2.1...etc. Then the huge hype/passionate fighting about Flash and 3D launchers. OMG, while initially entertaining to read, it became quite annoying!

DMFA

Reaction score
Personally, I'll wait until it gets integrated into RubiX focused and the sbf gets released. I've got great functionality now; why rush?

Big Fate

Reaction score
Personally, I'll wait until it gets integrated into RubiX focused and the sbf gets released. I've got great functionality now; why rush?

Lol as if you have a choice... Updates are not an option, I'm sure theres ways to go around it. But for the most part Google is not allowing the choice

zgruven

Reaction score

THANK YOU!!!! You took the words right off my keyboard!!!!!

RemyL75

Reaction score

One, it's not "insider information" if it's on your carrier's web site and easily accessible by clicking on info about your phone. More like the TOS. It's there, but people choose not to read it lol

Two, you are right, there is zero patience with regards to nerds. But they should read before they jump off that cliff to update their phones. Can't really blame the sites for people not reading properly.