Motorola Droid X Users - Prepare for Update!

crypto

Reaction score
i'd assume z4root and clockwork recovery will work fine with this update. Correct me if I'm wrong someone

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Yeah, the question in my mind is how to AVOID this update. I trust neither Verizon nor Motorola, and I want no part of this thing. I'm content to wait until one of our people - one of the forum members - can extract the good stuff from the update and offer it as a custom rom.

Will CW block an OTA update like SPRecovery does on my Droid 1? If not, how do we get the update to go away and not come back?

-Mike

crypto

Reaction score
well fixing force close issues and playing mp3 files properly sounds pretty wonderful. I use my X as an MP3 player and it gets kind of annoying having to restart my phone to play music.....same goes for taking photos and recording video. Hate it when i gotta restart my phone just to record some video

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Yeah, the question in my mind is how to AVOID this update. I trust neither Verizon nor Motorola, and I want no part of this thing. I'm content to wait until one of our people - one of the forum members - can extract the good stuff from the update and offer it as a custom rom.

Will CW block an OTA update like SPRecovery does on my Droid 1? If not, how do we get the update to go away and not come back?

-Mike

^^2X!

I want to avoid it.....until it's hacked up into a custom ROM. I trust you strangers (developers) more that these mulit-million $ companies.

Big Fate

Reaction score
What I dont get is they make it seem like its available now on Droid X to download this update yet when I goto download it says I'm up to date??

I'm still on 2.3.15
How is that?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
well fixing force close issues and playing mp3 files properly sounds pretty wonderful. I use my X as an MP3 player and it gets kind of annoying having to restart my phone to play music.....same goes for taking photos and recording video. Hate it when i gotta restart my phone just to record some video

The ROM I'm on now doesn't seem to have a problem playing music, taking videos, or photos so... Not sure what this really does.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Fugitive

Reaction score
I just updated to 2.320 earlier today and it is showing me current and up to date also. oh well. I guess i'll wait and see what happens.

Big Fate

Reaction score
The thing is I didnt even get prompted with an update... It just wont let me update... Wheres my Madden??? lol

Fugitive

Reaction score
LOL same here. was looking forward to see what Madden looked like.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
The thing is I didnt even get prompted with an update... It just wont let me update... Wheres my Madden??? lol

Sigh

You people have no patience. Just because they announced the update today doesn't mean it's available for download today. It's like showing a preview for a movie... Doesn't mean it's out.

RemyL75

Reaction score
This is how they do every update...

They announce that it's on the way and what it does. Then they announce that it will be rolled out between a set amount of days/weeks. Then they tell you how many phones will get the update per day during the update window.

This all unfolds over the course of a month. So welcome to week one of the month-long wait for the update.

And keep in mind that most custom ROMs won't allow the update. And there might be problems getting it if you jumped the gun and got that 2.3.20 leak. I advise looking into that ASAP. Oh and you will prob lose root, at least until one of the devs pulls the update and adds root to it (if possible).

Welcome to the MadHouse that is VZW Android updates lol

Inkarnit

Reaction score
can't get that update to go to my phone, what's the problem

Seriously? Are you just messing around or are you blind? Read the post above yours. I'm convinced that people don't learn how to read in school anymore.

xmguy

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2. Are the 2 and X the same as far as the OS. Same issues?

Fugitive

Reaction score
can't get that update to go to my phone, what's the problem

Seriously? Are you just messing around or are you blind? Read the post above yours. I'm convinced that people don't learn how to read in school anymore.

I'm new here but very familiar with forums and posting. I do agree that repeated questions are annoying at times but i think a lot of what's going on here is people getting anxious for something new. Whether good or bad people get excited on the heels of getting something new. Much like the kid bugging their parents to open a gift before christmas.