Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
any rumors on the release date that are reliable? The thunderbolt for VZ has turned into a joke, thinking Bionic will be worth the wait if it is reasonable...any thoughts?

All we've really heard is Q2, looking like late May or June.

I also think I saw somewhere that Moto was focused on getting the Atrix ready (which didn't have LTE). So I shouldn't expect the Bionic to be far behind, really, since there's no Webtop.

Also, there might be LG and Samsung phones "queued" ahead of it, so late May is probably a decent bet.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Just saw tha youtube vid with the bionic scoring a 2284 quadrant score...locked bl or not moto makes some great hardware...cant wait to get this

[video=youtube;Gva4iqsjqqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gva4iqsjqqE[/video]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bkircher

Reaction score
Man that sucks, May or June now for the Bionic. My moto droid 1 now is dying, im hoping that it will be out sooner than that. Although if it comes out around the same time as the Atrix, I might be tempted to wait for the Atrix.

Droid101

Reaction score
I would be all over this phone if it werent for the MotoBlur on it. I cant stand motoblur. It almost handicaps a phone. I have a Cliq and this thing is basically a brick because of motoblur.

Yeah Blur seems to be the worst overlay out of all the ones available. I'd take Sense, Touchwiz, and whatever LG calls theirs over Blur any day.

Do note this is a newer version of motoblur that hasn't been released so no one really knows whether moto stepped up their game.:)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Magnus_CA

Reaction score
any rumors on the release date that are reliable? The thunderbolt for VZ has turned into a joke, thinking Bionic will be worth the wait if it is reasonable...any thoughts?

The joke is there was a Thanksgiving release rumor going around and ever since then there has been nothing but unsubstantiated expectations that every Thursday on the calendar will be the official release date. I firmly believe March 17th will be the day.

joshoid

Reaction score
This is stock 2.2? Does anybod know if the Bionic will require 4G LTE or will it be 3G compatable?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All 4G devices can also run on 3G. LTE was made to be backwards compatible :)

This is stock 2.2? Does anybod know if the Bionic will require 4G LTE or will it be 3G compatable?

DroidForums Junkie!!

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I can't wait for this phone to be released. I still have my OG Droid and this is the only phone that could take me away from it.