Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

shdowman

Reaction score
Again, I was just asking if anyone had heard of any updates on this....

Not trying to be rude, but it would be in several places had any announcement been made. :)

Trust me, you'll know when a release date is either rumored or announced.

poooookah78

Reaction score
No, wasn't directed at you shd... I just trust THIS site more than any other droid site and certainly more than any google search. And seeing as how this thread is called "Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!" and there were more replies on this thread than any other thread, I figured this was the right place to ask.

shdowman

Reaction score
No, wasn't directed at you shd... I just trust THIS site more than any other droid site and certainly more than any google search. And seeing as how this thread is called "Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!" and there were more replies on this thread than any other thread, I figured this was the right place to ask.
No worries. I wasn't offended.

There is no harm in asking. That's what forums are for bud. We are all here to help when we can. I think you'll find those with inside knowledge a bit more reluctant to share that information. There have been issues in the past with people getting flamed when info didn't pan out as has been passed on to them from inside sources.

That being said, stay tuned to this thread and I'm sure what you are looking for will be coming soon. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

poooookah78

Reaction score
Will the Bionic be able to run on 3g? I wont have 4g until a year and a half more than likely.

Droid101

Reaction score
Will the Bionic be able to run on 3g? I wont have 4g until a year and a half more than likely.

Yes the bionic will fall back on 3G where there is no 4G available yet.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if you see 4G sooner than you think. Verizon seems to be more aggressive at upgrading the network compared to their 3G upgrade a couple years back.

shdowman

Reaction score

Early rumors also have said that if you do not live or near a 4g coverage area, you won't have to pay the extra. But that is merely rumor at this point.

Droid101

Reaction score

Early rumors also have said that if you do not live or near a 4g coverage area, you won't have to pay the extra. But that is merely rumor at this point.

Yeah some have been saying that 4G pricing will be the same as 3G. Hopefully this rumor turns out to be just a rumor:)

poooookah78

Reaction score
mmmm.... that's good news... obviously the speed of 4g is fantastic but i'm REALLY set on the dual core bionic.. .I can't wait for this to come out..... I'll wait for the bionic. You're saying they're being agressive at getting 4g out? I wonder when I'll get it! :)

Droid101

Reaction score

Yeah some have been saying that 4G pricing will be the same as 3G. Hopefully this rumor turns out to be just a rumor:)

I meant to say hopefully the rumor turns out to be fact lol:)

Droid101

Reaction score
mmmm.... that's good news... obviously the speed of 4g is fantastic but i'm REALLY set on the dual core bionic.. .I can't wait for this to come out..... I'll wait for the bionic. You're saying they're being agressive at getting 4g out? I wonder when I'll get it! :)

Welt I know my area with 3G was one of the last but at CES verizon had my area listed as one of the ones to get it this year. Plus they are being aggressive so they can compete with the other carriers seeing how some already have networks set up.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Welt I know my area with 3G was one of the last but at CES verizon had my area listed as one of the ones to get it this year. Plus they are being aggressive so they can compete with the other carriers seeing how some already have networks set up.

That might be common. I know that Erie, PA didn't get 3G until a year or so ago and it is now scheduled to get 4G the first half of this year. Maybe they are rewarding places that had to wait for 3G.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'll be ready for it. Heard June is a good time to start looking for it.

fucco

Reaction score
is there a list of the deployment cities for 4g some where? I am in buffalo ny and was wondering when the scheduled date for 4g here is?

fucco

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i saw that map before. It only lists the inital deployment and the 30 cities that are upcoming. Was wondering if they had a map or information on futher deployment.