Motorola XT875 aka Droid Bionic Surfaces

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Looking for some educated info from some of you fine folks. Just got the x2 as my og droid upgrade. I have about 9 days left on return policy and am torn between this and x2. Anyone have a educated guess on price this will debut at? If its more than 199$ my wife will kill me lol and will just keep the x2.

Best Buy Mobile will have it for $299 subsidized as per our inventory system $799 retail.

You sure its that high? The other 4G devices were around 650 at launch if I remember correctly.

haproot

Reaction score
Yeah wow, considering it is thus far believed to have the same cpu/gpu as the droid 3, 1gb of memory with only 512 useable on the device, 4g.. I can't believe moto is listing it that high. That's $500 more than contract pricing.. has there ever been a phone that was marked up that much off contract? Even the droid 3 is only $260 more to buy outright.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Thunderbolt 4G, Motorola Droid Bionic: Which is the Best Android Smartphone? - International Business Times

Pricing: The Galaxy S 2 is expected to be priced at $599 to $699 for unlocked 16GB version, while the locked version to be sold on contract from U.S. wireless carriers is expected to be in the $250 to $300+ price range. HTC Thunderbolt is priced at $569.99 on full retail price, while the locked version with 2-year Verizon contract is $249.99. Verizon is offering Thunderbolt for $199.99 with new 2-year contract as online exclusive certified pre-owned device. Motorola Droid Bionic is expected to be priced at $479, but a $149.99 price tag at Amazon or Verizon store is also speculated

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Looking for some educated info from some of you fine folks. Just got the x2 as my og droid upgrade. I have about 9 days left on return policy and am torn between this and x2. Anyone have a educated guess on price this will debut at? If its more than 199$ my wife will kill me lol and will just keep the x2.

Best Buy Mobile will have it for $299 subsidized as per our inventory system $799 retail.

You sure its that high? The other 4G devices were around 650 at launch if I remember correctly.

Yes this is what he told us $299 With 2 Year Contract and $799 with out a contract.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/97793-definitely-july-edit-11.html

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Thunderbolt 4G, Motorola Droid Bionic: Which is the Best Android Smartphone? - International Business Times

Pricing: The Galaxy S 2 is expected to be priced at $599 to $699 for unlocked 16GB version, while the locked version to be sold on contract from U.S. wireless carriers is expected to be in the $250 to $300+ price range. HTC Thunderbolt is priced at $569.99 on full retail price, while the locked version with 2-year Verizon contract is $249.99. Verizon is offering Thunderbolt for $199.99 with new 2-year contract as online exclusive certified pre-owned device. Motorola Droid Bionic is expected to be priced at $479, but a $149.99 price tag at Amazon or Verizon store is also speculated

Just making sure, they mean 479 off contract right?

I hope so. Because if Verizon has a reasonable price on it, I can see more people getting it.
I know if its over $650 I won't pay that much unless its has like a 20 MP camera and a quad processor.

Gremlin

Reaction score
So I have a dumb question... I thought bionic would be using tegra??

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Yes this is what he told us $299 With 2 Year Contract and $799 with out a contract.

Definitely July! [edit] - Page 11 - Android Forums

I may have just missed it, but I didn't see anything in there about the price...

bplewis24

Reaction score
1gb of memory with only 512 useable on the device,

Maybe SOME people believe that, but I certainly don't believe that it will have only 512MB of usable RAM.

So I have a dumb question... I thought bionic would be using tegra??

It's been known for a while now that they ditched the Tegra2 chip for OMAP. I don't even remember how long it has been that I've known this, but it feels like at least a few months.

Brandon

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

haproot

Reaction score
Maybe SOME people believe that, but I certainly don't believe that it will have only 512MB of usable RAM.

Brandon

I agree but so many people are so adamant about it im starting to believe it.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Definitely July! [edit] - Page 11 - Android Forums

I may have just missed it, but I didn't see anything in there about the price...

Here it is:
Re: Definitely July! [edit] Quote:
Originally Posted by shajan
Hey DaBlackMamba, do you have any information on the upgrade/retail pricing?

299 subsidized as per our inventory system 799 retail. This is subject to change though I've seen prices change for us the day before

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Brandon

I agree but so many people are so adamant about it im starting to believe it.

This is what I found on XDA Forums. In which I believe The Bionic will Follow suit!!!

I read that the Webtop Dock uses about 200 MB and the Atrix has 818MB Ram for Apps, with stock apps ( included bloatwares ) also what was said is that you get the full use of the 1G on the phone when it is not docked.

Here is one of the Links:[STICKY] [FAQ] Official Atrix "Ask A Dev" & FAQ Thread (Last Update: 05/31/2011) - xda-developers

More Links:
How about a 'Motorola Atrix' webtop dock? - xda-developers The webtop mode is actually linux (albeit Limited) itself which launches once u place the atrix in the dock or use the webtop hack. it allows u to have an open window of your phone on your screen. it doesn't just mirror what is already there.

bit more info on how it looks here
[MOD] Full Ubuntu on the Atrix (now fully automated: 4.1.26/4.1.52) - xda-developers