Motorola Tweet Confirms Summer Release for Droid Bionic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid_bionic_summer_tweet.jpg

In a Tweet coming directly from Motorola, they have confirmed that the Droid Bionic will come out this summer. The Droid Bionic is one of the most hotly anticipated phones from Motorola and will be the first Motorola LTE device for Verizon. From the Tweet, it is apparent that Moto is hard at work getting this amazing device ready for availability. As a recap, the potential specs we rumored for this "retooled" version of the Bionic are as follows:
  • 4.5 inch qHD display
  • Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 with gTalk support
  • An improved version of the BLUR UI
  • 4G LTE
With all the flip-flopping this phone has experienced during the design process it has a lot of hype to live up to. Still, Motorola and Verizon know the stakes and it looks as if they want this phone to be something very special. Within the next ninety days we will be able to judge for ourselves. What do you guys think?

Don't forget to check out our dedicated sister-site @BionicForums.net!

Source: BionicForums.net via PhoneArena

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
We shall see..Summers already started. They got 3 months. And it better NOT come in Sept. ...lol

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't upgrade until early October, so the longer on the Bionic the better lest I be tempted to pay retail.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I will continue to wait for this one especially now that I see I can keep my unlimited data with an upgrade. The wife will have to wait to take over my Droid X a little longer...

GeLopez

Reaction score
a tweet means nothing, moto can say anything they want.

what we need is hard evidence of the phone. my 2 cents spend them wisely :r_c:

mach330

Reaction score
i really hope it's not 4.5". otherwise, it's not even in the running anymore for me. 4.3" is the max i would go unless the phone is basically just the whole screen.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Will believe it when it hits store shelves, not a second sooner.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

Hankdoll

Reaction score
It's coming because I just ordered my thunderbolt 2 days ago. I couldn't wait anymore. The Bionic should hit the shelves the day after my return window ends...so about 2 weeks.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
It's coming because I just ordered my thunderbolt 2 days ago. I couldn't wait anymore. The Bionic should hit the shelves the day after my return window ends...so about 2 weeks.

That sounds about right.

Why am I not using my TB you ask. My droid needs some love too.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
The bar for this phone has been set too high. It needs to include a RAM upgrade from 512, dual core and the ability to remove bloatware without root as HTC done with the Evo 3D to give it a fighting chance of separating itself from the pack.

Why am I not using my TB you ask. My droid needs some love too.

Oxymoron

Reaction score

Laugh.
Out.
Loud.

That's usually the way things go, isn't it!?

4.3"... 4.5"... I don't care. I WILL get this phone. I've waited so long. I am sick of waiting. I have tweaked, ROM'd, overclocked, ran scripts, themed, and blah blah blah'd my D1 to death. SS 5.4 breathed a little new life into it, but dang.... 256MB of RAM? I NEED a new phone. Okay, not need.... want. Still, I really really WANT a new phone. The Bionic will be that phone.

p.s. Heavy Seas Märzen. Just sayin'.

*customized tapatalk signature*