Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i saw that map before. It only lists the inital deployment and the 30 cities that are upcoming. Was wondering if they had a map or information on futher deployment.

Same here, it would be nice to know.

rybnik

Reaction score
Im still moderately interested in the Droid Bionic... but I couldn't wait any longer I got an OG Droid off ebay... To finally replace my ancient lg voyager.. It came yesterday and I activated it immediately! Finally I know what I've been missing.. This is the coolest phone I've ever owned. I really owe it the Droid forums.. Thank you for opening my eyes to the awesomeness of Android!! ... and specifically in guiding me to an unlocked vanilla device!!! I would not have known otherwise!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
Im still moderately interested in the Droid Bionic... but I couldn't wait any longer I got an OG Droid off ebay... To finally replace my ancient lg voyager.. It came yesterday and I activated it immediately! Finally I know what I've been missing.. This is the coolest phone I've ever owned. I really owe it the Droid forums.. Thank you for opening my eyes to the awesomeness of Android!! ... and specifically in guiding me to an unlocked vanilla device!!! I would not have known otherwise!!

Bummer. Best Buy mobile just started to show Bionic accessories on their site which means a release should be pretty soon.

Reaction score
I would be all over this phone if it werent for the MotoBlur on it. I cant stand motoblur. It almost handicaps a phone. I have a Cliq and this thing is basically a brick because of motoblur.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I would be all over this phone if it werent for the MotoBlur on it. I cant stand motoblur. It almost handicaps a phone. I have a Cliq and this thing is basically a brick because of motoblur.

Yeah Blur seems to be the worst overlay out of all the ones available. I'd take Sense, Touchwiz, and whatever LG calls theirs over Blur any day.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Bummer. Best Buy mobile just started to show Bionic accessories on their site which means a release should be pretty soon.

Well since he got it off of eBay he should still be eligible for an upgrade.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info, i saw that map before. It only lists the inital deployment and the 30 cities that are upcoming. Was wondering if they had a map or information on futher deployment.

Same here, it would be nice to know.
Well, they have specific areas on their coverage map. Just make sure to select 4G, and it'll show up as a darker red.

Thanks. Interesting; I went down on the zoom almost to street level. Is it that accurate? I mean, there's a spot near my house where it's 4G on one side of the street and 3G on the other.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Thanks. Interesting; I went down on the zoom almost to street level. Is it that accurate? I mean, there's a spot near my house where it's 4G on one side of the street and 3G on the other.
It said that for my street, too. I don't know how accurate it is yet, as I don't have anything to test it with... yet.

rybnik

Reaction score

Bingo, that is precicely why I did that, I'm still eligable for an upgarade, and, in the meantime, I get to enjoy the greatest phone I've ever owned!

edbdroid

Reaction score

Bingo, that is precicely why I did that, I'm still eligable for an upgarade, and, in the meantime, I get to enjoy the greatest phone I've ever owned!

And until the Bionic proves otherwise, a rooted OG Droid will still be superior, despite hardware advances. I've had an upgrade available for 5 months. I will NOT get up offa my OG Droid until someone gives me a compelling-enough reason.

So far, no one has.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

And until the Bionic proves otherwise, a rooted OG Droid will still be superior, despite hardware advances. I've had an upgrade available for 5 months. I will NOT get up offa my OG Droid until someone gives me a compelling-enough reason.

So far, no one has.

+1 im with you buddy

BigDJH

Reaction score
any rumors on the release date that are reliable? The thunderbolt for VZ has turned into a joke, thinking Bionic will be worth the wait if it is reasonable...any thoughts?