Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

Droidguru

Reaction score
Saw BMX's poem as I opened the FedEx box containing my Bolt. Took the return sticker out, closed it up, plastered it on and sent it on it's way.

Bring on the Bionic! Best $35 (restocking fee) I've ever spent if it's true....... Can't wait!

Reaction score
So what would be more important in the Bionics case, Ram or the processor?? Its obviously going to have a kick butt processor, but is 512mb of ram enough?? I mean, I dont remember in the past of ram being such a big part in a phone, its always been about the processor. Am I right?

I had read in the comment sections of an article reviewing the bionic that it will have ddr ram vs flash ram used in the TB. Can anyone confirm this and will it balance the difference in ram size between the two?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it will balance it, but it will have DDR2 ram though so the ram will be faster.

Magnus_CA

Reaction score
Looks like BMX (who called the release date of the Thunderbolt weeks in advance) has released another poem that may mean good news for us awaiting the Bionic: So I'm going to try and parse this as meaning that the Bionic will be out in several weeks and perhaps it will be unlocked?

When Beer flows in the color of envy and the rainbows are all but empty and you bask in the Thunder so bold…
But if it’s another device you seek to reach your Peak, then you may yet have several weeks.
For in the LiTE a new device shall shine, and perhaps that is fine if dual cores you don’t mind…
For Stevie Austin moves like a blur, Unless it stock style you prefer…
But its calmness we shall seek,
And shy away from the Hype-beast
So those signing two year choices,
don’t blame panda forces,
But the unknown sources that raise your hopes so high….
Cause at the end of the tweet a Sneaky Panda speaks and he says…
YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT TO BUY…
So I'm going to try and parse this as meaning that the Bionic will be out in several weeks and perhaps it will be unlocked. I worry about the last line, however. Another interpretation could be the Pyramid will be coming in a few weeks and it may be stock....

What in the poem makes you think the Bionic will be unlocked?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't think he was saying the Bionic would be stock, plus a phone can be stock and not be unlocked.

slinky

Reaction score

This guy is probably laughing his head off at the thousands of people cracking their heads over a poem as if it was a cryptic message handed passed down to the people from the Heavens above...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

This guy is probably laughing his head off at the thousands of people cracking their heads over a poem as if it was a cryptic message handed passed down to the people from the Heavens above...

Wait it wasn't?

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Magnus_CA

Reaction score
"Unless it stock style you prefer…"

Yea, sounds like a rootable device to me.

He's talking about a vanilla android device : )

Yea, sounds like a rootable device to me.

He's talking about a vanilla android device : )

Hmm I wonder what device that could be.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This doesn't necessarily point to an unlocked bootloader but it's still an attractive proposition:

Bionic to be Vanilla Android? - Android Forums

loki993

Reaction score
So I guess here is my question. If Moto knows no one likes Blur. Why would they release the Atrix which is aparently crippled by Blur and then right behind it release the Bionic without Blur or with some kind of Blur light?

If they were gonna do it why wouldnt they have done it with the Atrix as well? I mean dont get me wrong I hope its true, it just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to think that its going to happen to me.