[ROM] Maverick ROM v3.5 for Droid 3

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
DYP, yes. when you turn off 3G it moves to 2G automatically. this is how i do it right now on ICS CM9. there you can chose between 2G/3G/2G and 3G
GreenSnow , I explained earlier on the previous page. i travel a lot...
And sometimes there are areas where 3g coverage is not that good..and I get some interruptions when talking on the phone..so I keep it on 2g when I know I am in that area.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
DYP, yes. when you turn off 3G it moves to 2G automatically. this is how i do it right now on ICS CM9. there you can chose between 2G/3G/2G and 3G
GreenSnow , I explained earlier on the previous page. i travel a lot...

Exactly so if you use the data toggle to turn it off it will switch from 3g to 2g ;)

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
data toggle is different from 2G/3G toggle. at least at ICS CM9 and AOKP...
data toggle turns data on and off, while 2g/3G chooses network coverage, but you can still use data on 2G. ( slow speeds...but still)

But, i could live with data toggle On/OFF which switch to 2G(when off) also... :)

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Ah.. like that, well ye I'd prefer just 3G on/off :biggrin:. You shouldn't be getting any weird stuff when making calls with 3G though..weird problem

tman_c45

Reaction score
it seems that voice calls drain my battery so much faster than it did when it was stock. is this normal? overall, I'm not getting any battery life than I did with stock. any ideas other than the obvious brightness/running apps/etc... ?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it seems that voice calls drain my battery so much faster than it did when it was stock. is this normal? overall, I'm not getting any battery life than I did with stock. any ideas other than the obvious brightness/running apps/etc... ?

I've noticed this also. May be a 905 issue. Going to update system from 905 to 906 for next release. Perhaps this may help.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

krazyace38

Reaction score
I've noticed this also. May be a 905 issue. Going to update system from 905 to 906 for next release. Perhaps this may help.

I updated my phone to the 906 leaked update and it solved a lot of issues I don't have the issues everyone else has after flashing a custom rom and I have great battery life :)

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Honestly I would hold off on updating to the leaked 906. 2 reasons why. The baseband and kernel seem to cause issues with the cm9 and ICS roms and most importantly you cannot do a full fastboot. You can only fastboot back system partitions, not the kernel. The 906 base I will use with be what you need.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Honestly I would hold off on updating to the leaked 906. 2 reasons why. The baseband and kernel seem to cause issues with the cm9 and ICS roms and most importantly you cannot do a full fastboot. You can only fastboot back system partitions, not the kernel. The 906 base I will use with be what you need.

What issues does the 906 cause? I'm on the leaked 906 and using CM9 ICS as my daily an don't have any issues at all. I've been seeing a lot of people on here having issues but they are still on stock 890. I use to have the same issues till I updated to the 906 :)

Sent from my Droid 3 using DroidForums

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What issues does the 906 cause? I'm on the leaked 906 and using CM9 ICS as my daily an don't have any issues at all. I've been seeing a lot of people on here having issues but they are still on stock 890. I use to have the same issues till I updated to the 906 :)

Mostly signal and battery issues. I've seen it with quite a few people. Hashs development on the d3 he tests on his own device I believe he is still on 5.6.890. So a few quarks have arrived because of the differences in the kernel modules. If you remember he had to release a patch for his cm7 development for 5.7.894 users for this reason. Just something to keep in mind.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Mostly signal and battery issues. I've seen it with quite a few people. Hashs development on the d3 he tests on his own device I believe he is still on 5.6.890. So a few quarks have arrived because of the differences in the kernel modules. If you remember he had to release a patch for his cm7 development for 5.7.894 users for this reason. Just something to keep in mind.

Yea I do I remember that that's why I never attempted cm7 but now that I'm more experienced than I was then I decided to try out the cm9 and its been awesome. But I've had great battery life and no signal issues. I guess I'm just lucky huh :)

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
But how can you boot or return to stock when on 905? That's the same as 906 from this point of view? A few times, I tried to uninstall cwm and to install hashcode's safestrap and I remained in moto logo when in 905..and it helped me to install 905 again in stock recovery...to get out of logo loop. But now, if a do a complete wipe in stock recovery get..maverick stock 3.5..not stock 905... weird.
And if I install 906..it works, but just that after that, if a do a complete wipe..it returns to 905. Very..very strange behaviour :))

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
But how can you boot or return to stock when on 905? That's the same as 906 from this point of view? A few times, I tried to uninstall cwm and to install hashcode's safestrap and I remained in moto logo when in 905..and it helped me to install 905 again in stock recovery...to get out of logo loop. But now, if a do a complete wipe in stock recovery get..maverick stock 3.5..not stock 905... weird.
And if I install 906..it works, but just that after that, if a do a complete wipe..it returns to 905. Very..very strange behaviour :))

Wow you got me confused as to what process you have followed to install this stuff. Did you flash 905 or 906 OTA leak in stock recovery? Are you using safestrap or bootstrap at this point?