[ROM] Maverick ROM v3.5 for Droid 3

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Buck..let me explain.
1st I installed 905. And worked perfectly. Being 100% stock. In stock recovery. Then..with cwm recovery I installed mav 3.5. Uninstall cwm and install hashcode safestrap to put cm9 on unsafe system. After a period, I did a complete wipe...and returned to mav 3.5 ..not to 100% 905 stock. Tried to install 906..worked..because when the phone started it was new 906 stock rom. But if I did a complete wipe..I returned to 905. Weird. And that's not all :)
I tried to install 906 and after that cm9 in cwm recovery. It started..but if I unistall cwm and installed safestrap..I got moto logo boot. So..kind of bricked. Then..in stock recovery I installed 906. Worked. Tried again to install aokp in cwm. Again..moto logo. Again..installed 906 in stock recovery. Worked. Complete wipe...bang..905 mav 3.5.
And now I am on maverick 3.5 with safestrap and with aokp on non. Safe system.

If..right now I enter in stock recovery and do a complete wipe..I don't get stock moto rom with 905. I get mav 3.5.
Weird...
Sorry for the long post..but I tried to explained exactly the steps.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Buck..let me explain.
1st I installed 905. And worked perfectly. Being 100% stock. In stock recovery. Then..with cwm recovery I installed mav 3.5. Uninstall cwm and install hashcode safestrap to put cm9 on unsafe system. After a period, I did a complete wipe...and returned to mav 3.5 ..not to 100% 905 stock. Tried to install 906..worked..because when the phone started it was new 906 stock rom. But if I did a complete wipe..I returned to 905. Weird. And that's not all :)
I tried to install 906 and after that cm9 in cwm recovery. It started..but if I unistall cwm and installed safestrap..I got moto logo boot. So..kind of bricked. Then..in stock recovery I installed 906. Worked. Tried again to install aokp in cwm. Again..moto logo. Again..installed 906 in stock recovery. Worked. Complete wipe...bang..905 mav 3.5.
And now I am on maverick 3.5 with safestrap and with aokp on non. Safe system.

If..right now I enter in stock recovery and do a complete wipe..I don't get stock moto rom with 905. I get mav 3.5.
Weird...
Sorry for the long post..but I tried to explained exactly the steps.

Sounds like you forgot to toggle safe system to non-safe after the wipe. After the 905 install through STOCK recovery, you need to install safestrap from the stock system. From there you reboot into the safestrap recovery and toggle safe system to install a rom to the safe system and keep your STOCK system in tact. If you want to install the 906 properly, toggle the safe system to non-safe and reboot into STOCK recovery and flash the OTA. Then boot and root the stock system and install the safestrap again and follow same process to enable safe system again and install a rom.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Yeah. Forgot to mention that. Of course I installed 906 without safestrap being installed. So it was installed on "stock" which means mav 3.5 at me.
Safestrap and aokp were installed later.

Now..if a do a complete wipe from stock recovery and installed 906..and again a complete wipe (no safestrap)..I return to 905.
Perhaps because my stock is mavrom...not 100% stock rom...

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. Forgot to mention that. Of course I installed 906 without safestrap being installed. So it was installed on "stock" which means mav 3.5 at me.
Safestrap and aokp were installed later.

Now..if a do a complete wipe from stock recovery and installed 906..and again a complete wipe (no safestrap)..I return to 905.
Perhaps because my stock is mavrom...not 100% stock rom...

OTAs should be flashed over a stock untouched system to ensure proper take.

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Is it possible to return to 5.6.890 (including baseband and kernel)?

Edit: I should add that I'm on .906

krazyace38

Reaction score
Is it possible to return to 5.6.890 (including baseband and kernel)?

Edit: I should add that I'm on .906

Not until the update is official and not a leak because there's no SBF file for 906 yet

Sent from my Droid 3 using DroidForums

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Not until the update is official and not a leak because there's no SBF file for 906 yet

I want to go from .906 back to .890

Is there an OTA file with baseband and kernel for .890 to flash in stock recovery?

krazyace38

Reaction score
I want to go from .906 back to .890

Is there an OTA file with baseband and kernel for .890 to flash in stock recovery?

If you flashed the 5.7.906 update leak (not the dodexed version u can flash in CWM) using stock recovery, there's no way back to stock

krazyace38

Reaction score
Wifi Tether not working for 3.5...great rom though!
ht1.jpg
jh88.jpg
test.jpg
dh.jpg
pad.jpg

Try FoxFi you can get it from google play

tman_c45

Reaction score
could we get the dev team to integrate the 906 leak into the mav rom? even if it stayed 3.5?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Already done!