[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V4.5

Reaction score
Most stuff for the D3 is dead. Not having LTE and only 512mb ram kind of killed it. Which sucks because it is a great option for those of us who travel overseas. You can still sell them in good shape for $200 on ebay tho, people love keyboards. I have become a touch screen only convert myself. I can type a bazillion times faster with the virtual pad than the keyboard.

Plus I've had a bunch of random reboots, overheating etc.. have plauged mine. Only thing it has going for it is the global capability and you can just pick up a used inc 2 for that or any GSM phone as a spare... If they could have waited on releasing it and made the D4 the D3 and incorporated the GSM radio into it... that would have been sick.

D1ck3y

Reaction score
do you need to re-activate your phone after flashing this rom????

D1ck3y

Reaction score
OK well I did a factor reset and I know if you do that you gotta call *228. I did and waited the 15minutes. After that I rooted and installed safestrap v3. I install the mavrom 4.5 and try to send a text and make a call (have perfect signal at my house) and nothing... any ideas? Even on stock Roman can't make calls or send texts

GAMZ3R

Reaction score
is V 4.5 compatible with Motorola XT860 ? :yawn::saint:

evan92wrx

Reaction score
Great Work on the Rom!!

Flashed the rom tonight using hashcode's safe strap, very easy process after figuring out how to use the safe strap, Maverick runs beautifully so far, well done!! :icon_ banana:

alowbman

Reaction score
I am on 4.5 and have been since it came out. Battery drains a bit fast but otherwise its a great ROM. Thinking about going back to Mav 4.0. I don't remember having battery issues with 4.0.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm running 4.0 on my phone. It's rock solid and gets the best battery life of them all. -- and believe me I've tried them all. :biggrin:

alowbman

Reaction score
Thanks man. I know someone put up the link for 4.0 recently so I will grab it and try it.

macnews

Reaction score
Thanks again to pedwards3x for a great ROM!

Now my phone is fast and usable. Blur MMS lags like an ocean freighter..AOSP MMS is quick as lightning!

I was on SteelDroid 4.8 but every action took 3 seconds to complete.

dancedroid