[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I have been having some serious GPS issues. I am wondering if my old kernel is conflicting with the rom. I installed GPS status and did not get one satellite, ever.

I wiped the phone using safestrap. The gps worked fine for a while but I swear after I updated Google Maps it stopped working. My next guess is to SBF wipe it.

Edit: I deleted beweather and now GPS works... Lol weird. I think that's what been killing it.

Edit Edit: It seems my gps works for a little bit and then stops Working. Any ideas?

Edit Edit Edit: Well for some reason after I flashed it back to stock and then went through the upgrade path I lost root, even though I took the proper precautions and "forever rooted it" I found out the Droid 4's new root method works for 902. Thanks to DJBliss. If you loose root, here you go!
PHP:
http://vulnfactory.org/blog/2012/02/11/rooting-the-droid-4-a-failed-bounty-experiment/

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I was having issues with Beweather as well all of a sudden. Love the app but GPS wasn't syncing properly. Uninstalled and back with Fancy now.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was having issues with Beweather as well all of a sudden. Love the app but GPS wasn't syncing properly. Uninstalled and back with Fancy now.

Okay, I've had issues with gps because I use my phone for geocaching, this is what I did to get it working properly. Go into location settings and disable google and vzw location services and leave standalone gps on. Restart. Open an app that you are using that you want the gps working on. Make sure the satellite icon shows up and locks. Go back into the location settings and re-enable the vzw and google and restart. Open the same app one more time and the gps satellite icon should still show up and lock.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also, note system version

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329064416583.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1329064416583.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,040

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Notice any battery improvement?

Chewbacka

Reaction score
Where's the link to MavV3.5?:)

Sent from my DROID3 using MavRom 3.0

jesusishere

Reaction score
Also, note system version

Ha ha I stayed up till 3:30am getting my phone back to the way I wanted and there's an update? Well at least I know what to do.

Btw if and when you upgrade to 902 (or 905) you may experience a massive slow down of speed. If you do, its easy to fix. Go to settings. Wireless and Networks. Mobile Networks. Network select. It may say that it is set to CDMA but the cake is a lie. Touch it and it will likely be set to global. Change to CDMA. Bam! Its done like Whitney Houston. Ouch, too soon.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Guys please with the 3.5 can we have a text editor for the dropdown and also a data on/off switch please please.

Chewbacka

Reaction score
@Guidot.Yeah. Great Rom. Especially since they always keep it up to date with the latest updates and all.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Guys please with the 3.5 can we have a text editor for the dropdown and also a data on/off switch please please.

flash this if you want all that here