[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V3.0

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just installed MavRom 3.0!! Holy &#$@ Batman!! I love this. i love all the themes. i love the ease of everything. amazing work

Of course you love the themes. They're awesome! :D

But seriously, thanks for the kind words. We all appreciate it!

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
Of course you love the themes. They're awesome! :D

But seriously, thanks for the kind words. We all appreciate it!

no problem!

question if you dont mind. was trying the different themes and everything and i noticed you could switch the launcher. well i download/installed the first choice for the launcher, rebooted the phone and it wouldnt go past the boot animation. what happened? didnt know how to fix it so i went back to stock, im charging the phone up now and plan to re-flash MavRom3 as soon as its done charging

also...seem to be having problems getting the stock facebook app to sync my contacts. used friend caster but the photos are all blurry. any help?

thanks for the help

B

trini.s2k

Reaction score
i must say a clean install of this rom is amazing over flashin it over 2.5 even faster then before !

bgarlock

Reaction score
i must say a clean install of this rom is amazing over flashin it over 2.5 even faster then before !

+1 on that. I recently did the same, and it's like I got another 512mb of memory and another core. The overall time saved by getting an even snapier phone by wiping and reflashing, versus setting all my accounts up was worth it. Highly recommended ..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
+1 on that. I recently did the same, and it's like I got another 512mb of memory and another core. The overall time saved by getting an even snapier phone by wiping and reflashing, versus setting all my accounts up was worth it. Highly recommended ..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
you're saying that it feels like you got +512mb/another core in comparison to mavrom 3.0 without the wipe?
Btw what mem settings are you guys using?

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
holy crap....flashed this a couple days ago with no wipe, changed to deluxe memory settings. phone is wicked fast!!

can you use Go launcher EX with this?

B

pgzerwer

Reaction score
OK, please excuse this question, but...since this is based on .905, will flashing this Bork my Unsafe install? Or, when I toggle to Unsafe will I magically roll back to. 894?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
holy crap....flashed this a couple days ago with no wipe, changed to deluxe memory settings. phone is wicked fast!!

can you use Go launcher EX with this?

B

Sure can!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OK, please excuse this question, but...since this is based on .905, will flashing this Bork my Unsafe install? Or, when I toggle to Unsafe will I magically roll back to. 894?

Please read previous posts. Maverick doesn't flash kernal or baseband it just uses system apps from 905 so it doesn't make any firm changes that can't be undone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nasty007

Reaction score
hello
is it possible to put Mobile data ON-OFF in Power widgets in pull down bar?

thanks

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

This is based off of. 902 not. 905
And no because it only changes system files and not kernels

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
reading about the plans to officially update D3 to ICS, i have one question..
once on Maverick, will it be able to update to ICS via OTA? or the ones who would like to update, must install the zip..or some other method?

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
reading about the plans to officially update D3 to ICS, i have one question..
once on Maverick, will it be able to update to ICS via OTA? or the ones who would like to update, must install the zip..or some other method?

pretty sure you would have to go back to non-safe and un-root to ever even think about an ota update....

btw the Moto plans for the d3 are still in evaluation mode, meaning, a) dont hold your breath b) maybe by sometime NEXT year c) bionic port is coming d) hashcode will get it working first