Liquid Gingersense v1.6 Release

borq646

Reaction score
Ok, so I love your roms, but this one compared to 1.4 is lacking in my opinion. I LOVED the six bars of signal as opposed to four. Also, it would be nice if you could go back to the checkmark for wifi rather than having it open the wifi settings to have to enable and disable it. I don't know if people like that because then they can choose which network to connect to or so they can add networks easily, but I find myself wanting to enable/disable it a lot more to save battery than I find myself wanting to add, edit, or choose different networks, and it's more annoying to have that extra step in there. I really like the clear button towards the top of the notification bar in the pulldown window rather than the big one at the bottom of the notifications, I just feel like I would accidentally hit it a lot when trying to tap something else. But, I'm not used to it yet, so I'm probably just biased as of right now. Another thing is it would be nice if you could get rid of the alarm notification when an alarm is set. Because I have mine set every day and it's annoying because it's always taking up space telling me I have an alarm set when I know that I do all the time. The last thing is I HATE the paginated app drawer. Yeah, I got used to it in other roms, but I just love being able to smoothly scroll quickly all the way down when I need to. But I have a lot of apps, so maybe that's just me that finds it that way.

And does anyone know if there's a way to set Personalize as the right 'soft key' in Rosie settings? And is there a patch out yet for this to enable landscape Rosie?

What about the people that DON'T always have an alarm on that would like to know that they didn't disable this alarm they had to set once?

damaxima

Reaction score
After I coudnt get 1.6 to run after several attempts I decided to run through the entire sequence to see which one worked for me and which one I liked , I found that 1.4 is my new ROM its stable , its awesome , and I love the 3d effect , no issues at all

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

xashaffer

Reaction score
I'm wondering why so many have had issues with 1.5 and 1.6 while 1.4 is fine. I myself had constant reboots with 1.5 but 1.6 has been excellent. I would like some of the features back though like the 6 signal bars and un-paginated app drawer.

shellybear136

Reaction score
i used liquid on my d1 and i finally decided to root my thunderbolt. i just have one question, does anyone have a problem with the speaker making a cracking sound when the screen turns on or off or did i do something wrong. i am liquid gingersense 1.6 and the radio the suggest. im new to roming my thunderbolt so in sorry if this issue has already been addressed but i cant find the answer anywhere.

never mind. turned off screen lock sound. i believe that worked. why would anyone want that on

Last edited:

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Hey I need some help. I installed this Rom and it worked fine in till I went into Liquid tools. When I go into goodies then goto switch to a different theme app like mms or status bar it starts to load, then all the sudden it keeps popping up with some weird force close like "com.Android." and t just keeps popping up after I hit force close. I have to end up pulling the battery and restore my backup. Help?

drew

Reaction score
That really isn't a long term solution. Kind of ghetto.

It's a great idea but it nags far too much. You can turn it off by going into WiFi Settings, hit the menu key, click Advanced, check Never auto turn on Wi-Fi.

I wish it would remember if you press the "never use wifi" or whatever when near a known access point. Sadly, it doesn't and every time you open something it face rapes you.

I agree - ghetto.

This is the only thing I really don't like about the ROM. I need 4G at work, because we block so many things at work (Pandora, Facebook). So it's ALWAYS asking if I want to use Wi-Fi. Very annoying.

xashaffer

Reaction score
So yeah a few days ago my camera and camcorder apps quit working and Google Talk crashes on startup and whenever I try to launch it. I just tried a complete wipe and reinstall of LGS 1.6 and all of the above still happens. Any suggestions? I was thinking it was the ROM but it ran great for so long and now I'm thinking my camera may have died on my phone

xashaffer

Reaction score
Your camera is not fried. I had the same problem and was able to resolve it. Read the thread here.

It is a known issue: Camera Fried? - Page 3

OH THANK GOD lol. You just saved me a ton of time and trouble drew. And I even see it fixes the GTalk issue so its perfect. About to flash it now.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by borq646

That really isn't a long term solution. Kind of ghetto.

It's a great idea but it nags far too much. You can turn it off by going into WiFi Settings, hit the menu key, click Advanced, check Never auto turn on Wi-Fi.

I wish it would remember if you press the "never use wifi" or whatever when near a known access point. Sadly, it doesn't and every time you open something it face rapes you.

I agree - ghetto.

This is the only thing I really don't like about the ROM. I need 4G at work, because we block so many things at work (Pandora, Facebook). So it's ALWAYS asking if I want to use Wi-Fi. Very annoying.

I know its not exactly a fix but you can turn off your WiFi when you won't be around a wifi spot and it won't ask you. I always turn off my WiFi when its not being used anyways to save a little battery.

Last edited:

xashaffer

Reaction score
Hey Liquid any idea when we might be seeing LGS 1.7? No rush man just wondering if it will be sometime soon or if you are even working on it right now. I know you have a lot of **** going on in your real life so like I said no worries.

EDIT** Also if you are working on it and I donate like $10, could I possibly get in on early testing for the next version? I heard over on XDA that you sometimes let donators join in on testing.

Last edited: