Liquid Gingersense v1.0 Release

cc16177

Reaction score
Ok is Backup Assistant broke in this ROM? First it took forever to find, you have to press the menu button while you are in People. Then when I click it nothing happens. Is there anyway to get it working? I've tried restoring my Contacts from Titanium Backup and it says it completes, but my contacts still aren't there.

They should restore automatically through your GMail account? I know mine did, it just took a bit.

Johnny5

Reaction score
This worked great for about half a day, then started giving me issues so I removed it this morning. I did try two full wipes but the problems persisted.

Issues experienced (using radio that the dev provided):
- Google apps started force closing without throwing an error, they would just flash right back to the home screen (Gmail, Gtalk, Market, Voice)
- Force close message for Talk at startup
- Boot animations and custom fonts in the Goodies menu did not work
- Started on a constant reboot cycle this morning (this was the last straw and I had to catch it before it shut down again so I could get back into recovery and flash the stock ROM and radio back)

I was looking forward to this because it did run Netflix just fine after applying the GB fix that's available and also looked great (aside from the sloppy boot animation), but it looks like I'll need to try a more stable ROM or just wait for this one to get the bugs ironed out. I do have a Liquid GB ROM running on my OG Droid that is awesome, so I have faith that these issues will be fixed!

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This worked great for about half a day, then started giving me issues so I removed it this morning. I did try two full wipes but the problems persisted.

Issues experienced (using radio that the dev provided):
- Google apps started force closing without throwing an error, they would just flash right back to the home screen (Gmail, Gtalk, Market, Voice)
- Force close message for Talk at startup
- Boot animations and custom fonts in the Goodies menu did not work
- Started on a constant reboot cycle this morning (this was the last straw and I had to catch it before it shut down again so I could get back into recovery and flash the stock ROM and radio back)

I was looking forward to this because it did run Netflix just fine after applying the GB fix that's available and also looked great (aside from the sloppy boot animation), but it looks like I'll need to try a more stable ROM or just wait for this one to get the bugs ironed out. I do have a Liquid GB ROM running on my OG Droid that is awesome, so I have faith that these issues will be fixed!

youre lucky you caught it. All of us on GB roms are pretty much going back to froyo due to the gb alpha radio leak putting some phones into an endless bootloop (even when in hboot or recovery), and unable to recover the phone...basically bricking it.

Until the radio issue is resolved, Id play it by ear and stay on froyo.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine was running fine until last night. All of a sudden it started boot looping. It only happened with Gingersence tough :icon_frown:... I tried out BAMF 2.0 #5 and everything was running good, but just to be on the safe side I'm back on froyo. Running LTS 1.5

xashaffer

Reaction score
Reports are though that its happening with all ROMs that run the Android 2.3 Gingerbread radio, which is all ROMs that have Gingerbread except for CynogenMod 7. I had LGS on my TB for about 12 hours but as soon as I saw these articles this morning I flashed back to stock root and will stick with this until a fix is found.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes it's because of the Radio. Not the ROM.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!

xashaffer

Reaction score
Trust me dude you'll love this ROM once its ready to use again. It has the new Sense 3.0 which is even better than the stock Sense. It's amazing

Johnny5

Reaction score
I was just reading this article and it says GB ROMs have been bricking phones. Is this ROM safe or should we be reverting back to Liquid Thundersence?

The ROM is safe, it's the GB radio that's the problem. You could ditch the GB radio and keep the ROM, you just won't have data connectivity, AFAIK. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

dakoop

Reaction score
Is liquid still supporting this rom e

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

djj624

Reaction score
Yes. I myself am still running it as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dakoop

Reaction score
Any plans for an update

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk