Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

droidgizz

Reaction score
My toolbox doesn't even have that last section *Settings is anyone else's missing that whole part?

Sent from rooted DROIDX on Liberty 2.0.1

bluskyline21

Reaction score
My "disable boot animation" hasn't worked on any version of toolbox. It removes the LIBERTY rotating eagle and replaces it w/a generic "android" animation.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
My "disable boot animation" hasn't worked on any version of toolbox. It removes the LIBERTY rotating eagle and replaces it w/a generic "android" animation.

That is how it works. You can't actually remove the boot sequence so something must remain to indicate your phone isn't frozen -- the default 'android' animation is what you are looking at. The only way to remove that would be to mod the framework to have full transparent images and then you'd have a nice long black screen to stare at while your phone boots.

bluskyline21

Reaction score

That is how it works. You can't actually remove the boot sequence so something must remain to indicate your phone isn't frozen -- the default 'android' animation is what you are looking at. The only way to remove that would be to mod the framework to have full transparent images and then you'd have a nice long black screen to stare at while your phone boots.

That's disappointing. I don't understand how that makes your phone "boot faster." It seems to take just as long *shrug* I'd rather look at the eagle than the 'android.' then :) Thanks for the clarification, guess I misinterpreted.

Last edited:

ratcrib

Reaction score
have you done a before and after comparison? it's actually much faster without the rotating eagle animation...

on a slightly different note-

when i go into liberty settings > spare parts OR > Dev tools, i get a Force close.

wtf please help.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
have you done a before and after comparison? it's actually much faster without the rotating eagle animation...

when i go into liberty settings > spare parts OR > Dev tools, i get a Force close.

wtf please help.

Check your /data/app directory and see if spare parts is still installed in it. It may not be. A couple of apps were set to install to data when you flash Liberty and if a data wipe was done after, it would've removed the app in question.

sacnvz

Reaction score
How do we get it back?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Unclecheese

Reaction score

wtf please help.
I had the exact same issue with setting causing FC's. I also was not able to get my rotating screen lock to work.

Settings>Liberty Settings>Spare Parts and Dev Tools would cause FC's, didn't matter if I was entering settings from within LTB or from my menu key.

So today I ended up reflashing via Liberty Tool Box (checks on backup current ROM & Wipe Data in the pop up box) and everything is working perfect. It was kind of a pain, time wise, but everything is working great.
Worked for me, may fix you too.

japaleno

Reaction score
Need help.

In liberty toolbox, no matter what I try to download (ROM, Theme, etc.), it tells me "download failed: no such file or directory". My data connection is fine, I've rebooted multiple times, and removed/reinstalled the app multiple times. Any suggestions?

Allmaechtig

Reaction score
Liberty Toolbox Donate 2.2???

I have not have much good experience with GB in the past on different phones... so i am wondering if i can use the donate version to put the Liberty 2.2 ROM on my Droid X, until I am comfortable with GB enough to go for the latest version. I have a stock 2.2 rooted and have seen and heard all the good that comes out of liberty.... i am just wondering if (given that i will do a Titanium Backup) if i can just use the donate version to install the ROM with out having to go to through a computer....

I do know that if i ever need to go back to stock i will have to SBF back but i just hear some many good things about how easy this app is to do the ROM, but i see no mention of anyone starting from stock.

Any answers that y'all would have would be much appreciated
Thanks for everything
-Allmaechtig

beckerfj

Reaction score
I have not have much good experience with GB in the past on different phones... so i am wondering if i can use the donate version to put the Liberty 2.2 ROM on my Droid X, until I am comfortable with GB enough to go for the latest version. I have a stock 2.2 rooted and have seen and heard all the good that comes out of liberty.... i am just wondering if (given that i will do a Titanium Backup) if i can just use the donate version to install the ROM with out having to go to through a computer....

I do know that if i ever need to go back to stock i will have to SBF back but i just hear some many good things about how easy this app is to do the ROM, but i see no mention of anyone starting from stock.

Any answers that y'all would have would be much appreciated
Thanks for everything
-Allmaechtig

Check out the sticky in this forum for Liberty v2.0:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1419300

Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Option 1 says you can use the toolbox donate version.

Option 2 is a little more work but still can be done without a computer.

Only SBFing really requires a computer.

And you should be able to do either option from stock/rooted.

Liberty Gingerbread v0.5

gobbles23

Reaction score
Is it right to only have themes and fonts in the rom manager now? Where did all the themes apps and add ons go?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums