[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread v0.4 - Return of the Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

astaticskyline

Reaction score
So, I was running 2.0.1 on DX and decided to try the 0.5 update. I used the Liberty donate Toolbox, followed the directions (I think) and downloaded the kernal first. Chose "Install" on the kernal, and it rebooted. However, on reboot, I see a very dim "Liberty" logo for a few seconds and then blackness.

I've rebooted, clockwork will not come up. Luckily i've backed up my stuff first, but since it's not booting into clockwork, i'm unsure of how to fix this. Currently, I am without a working DX :(

Any ideas / help? It would be much much appreciated...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you try a battery pull and a battery pull while plugged in to get into cw? That should work.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can't get into cw and going to stock recovery and doing a wipe doesn't help (I'm not too versed in gb and not sure of the differences), you will probably need to sbf back to stock and try it again

astaticskyline

Reaction score
Did you try a battery pull and a battery pull while plugged in to get into cw? That should work.

Hey,

I tried a battery pull a couple of times, but still boots into a very dim "liberty" logo for a few seconds :/

I haven't done a pull or reboot while plugged in, does that make a difference? I currently am at work and do not have a power supply nearby for it.

PeddlerOfFlesh

Reaction score
So, I was running 2.0.1 on DX and decided to try the 0.5 update. I used the Liberty donate Toolbox, followed the directions (I think) and downloaded the kernal first. Chose "Install" on the kernal, and it rebooted. However, on reboot, I see a very dim "Liberty" logo for a few seconds and then blackness.

I've rebooted, clockwork will not come up. Luckily i've backed up my stuff first, but since it's not booting into clockwork, i'm unsure of how to fix this. Currently, I am without a working DX :(

You did it wrong :(. You install liberty GB .1 first, then the .5 with the kernel.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It can and sometimes does. What you're trying to do is find that moment during the bootup and the bootstrap app hijacks and boots into cw recovery (i know I didn't explain that well, sorry). It may sound strange but do a battery pull after 5 sec, then 10..you want to find that spot in the bootup where it will trigger cw. If you can get to a power source do it. If these things don't work, it's sbf time.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

You did it wrong :(. You install liberty GB .1 first, then the .5 with the kernel.

If that's the case, sbf

astaticskyline

Reaction score

If that's the case, sbf

Bummer. Thought I read it correctly in the Liberty Toolbox. Supremely disappointed if I end up having to sbf. Especially since I backed everything up, if i have to sbf, can i just "clockwork" my backup?

fbskiracer

Reaction score
So I upgraded to Android 2.3.3 using the Monster_D2_2.3.2_4.5.153 file.

Then I attempted to SBF back to the 2.3.2 but my phone crashes out of the program.

Will liberty toolbox donate solve this? I just bought it, but I'm still strugging with the nuances of it all.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Then I attempted to SBF back to the 2.3.2 but my phone crashes out of the program.

Will liberty toolbox donate solve this? I just bought it, but I'm still strugging with the nuances of it all.

Why did you sbf back? Was there a problem with the leak? What do you mean by crashes out of the program? Does the sbf fail? The toolbox has nothing to do with sbf. The toolbox is for use with liberty rom.

fbskiracer

Reaction score

Why did you sbf back? Was there a problem with the leak? What do you mean by crashes out of the program? Does the sbf fail? The toolbox has nothing to do with sbf. The toolbox is for use with liberty rom.

I thouht I had to load the 3 part blur programs.

Maybe I'm confused. Once I am flashed into 2.3.3 and rooted how do I load Liberty?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once you're on the leak, download the donate toolbox and go to the nightly section. You can dl and flash liberty gb from there.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the 3 part thing was for the dx not d2

fbskiracer

Reaction score
Ok so using liberty toolbox donated

ROM Manager --Nightlies --> download liberty 0.2? I thought there was a 0.4 or 0.5 version.

Or do I just need to install 0.2 then upgrade to 0.4?
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

mikex

Reaction score
Does the phone have speed dial? Can you use the blur dialer or does the latest version .5 just have the same aosp dialer that was in 1.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.