Jelly bean is approved

OK another newbie question. My MAXX HD is still using ICS but is rooted. What steps do I need to take to get the OTA? (or can I?)

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

StiffOneEye said:
OK another newbie question. My MAXX HD is still using ICS but is rooted. What steps do I need to take to get the OTA? (or can I?)

Unless u signed up for the soak test the leaked version is the only way to get the update and before u can install it u have be on stock with no frozen apps or none un installed apps it has to be full untouched stock if it's stock and only rooted then u need to use voodoo ota root keeper to backup root and then temp unroot. Pm me if u need help doing so and I will walk u through the steps

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
It should be official in the next two weeks (barring nothing goes wrong in the soak test, which is doubtful) ... but you will have to unroot and return to stock in order to get the official OTA.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

It's only available to soak testers via ota right now the official ota should roll out by the end of the week or so and there is a leaked version of the soak test which is the same as I have

matt_man

According to Motorola on twitter it's now available and starting to roll out, someone I know just received the update. Now I'm just sitting here impatiently waiting for my turn. :)

jigz23

I really hope this jb update gets rid of that lag going from the home screen to the quick settings screen.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

The soak test is smooth as butter it's supposedly the same as the leak some people over at moto support forums are having some issues but nothing major so if u have issues it's most likely during the update process it might have not completely patched some files or something like that it can be fastbooted back to ics