Samsung Note 3

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
dmbatcofc said:
My pleasure! Always willing to lend out a helping hand to a fellow Droider!

This is why I love our DF community! They are the best...and people like you add to that!

sab3083

Reaction score
You will lose all of your apps, phone settings, etc. If you've saved any pictures or music to your device and not a SD, you will lose that data too. Essentially it reverts your phone to how it was when you purchased it.
wow, well i definately dont wanna do that. ill wait till i can streamline the update, hopefully someone will come out with a way to do that. whats the difference bt .39 and .41? cant be anything major

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is probably very minimal...might have a few bug fixes or it could be that it only has bloat (those unnecessary apps that Verizon forces on us) that was not included in .39 ... once the official OTA is out, we should hear what some of those differences may be.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
wow, well i definately dont wanna do that. ill wait till i can streamline the update, hopefully someone will come out with a way to do that. whats the difference bt .39 and .41? cant be anything major

I haven't seen a .39 to .41 comparison, but, from my personal experience, this build seems smoother and quicker. I'd take a look at TisMyDroid's post above regarding data backup. If you get your data backed up to your SD card (or other location of your choice), the reversion to ICS and sideload of the official JB takes less than 30 minutes.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the official OTA .zip is out and available for download to those wanting to get a head start!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
dmbatcofc said:
I forgot to mention that the official OTA .zip is out and available for download to those wanting to get a head start!

I knew you might have the answer to that! Cool!

dan.dar

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the October 28th leak that I've been running and don't feel like losing everything to jump from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 plus extra bloat. Unless there is a tangible improvement in something I'm gonna stay on the leaked build.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Just downloaded the ota soak test and so far so good. I've been running it for about an hour and a half now and it's smooth. It's the 4.1.1 not the 4.1.2 just in case anyone wants to know. It's the same as the leaked version.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the October 28th leak that I've been running and don't feel like losing everything to jump from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 plus extra bloat. Unless there is a tangible improvement in something I'm gonna stay on the leaked build.

While I understand the rationale behind your reluctance to upgrade to the OTA... what happens when the 4.2 software comes out for the HD and you're on the leaked build and not on the OTA path? By then you'll have more data to lose in order to get back on the path. I suggest you back up all of your important files, revert back to ICS and take the official OTA. This will only benefit you into the future - it doesn't take long. Just my $.02.