Jelly bean is approved

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
OK another newbie question. My MAXX HD is still using ICS but is rooted. What steps do I need to take to get the OTA? (or can I?)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
StiffOneEye said:
OK another newbie question. My MAXX HD is still using ICS but is rooted. What steps do I need to take to get the OTA? (or can I?)

Unless u signed up for the soak test the leaked version is the only way to get the update and before u can install it u have be on stock with no frozen apps or none un installed apps it has to be full untouched stock if it's stock and only rooted then u need to use voodoo ota root keeper to backup root and then temp unroot. Pm me if u need help doing so and I will walk u through the steps

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It should be official in the next two weeks (barring nothing goes wrong in the soak test, which is doubtful) ... but you will have to unroot and return to stock in order to get the official OTA.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
It's only available to soak testers via ota right now the official ota should roll out by the end of the week or so and there is a leaked version of the soak test which is the same as I have

matt_man

Reaction score
According to Motorola on twitter it's now available and starting to roll out, someone I know just received the update. Now I'm just sitting here impatiently waiting for my turn. :)

jigz23

Reaction score
I really hope this jb update gets rid of that lag going from the home screen to the quick settings screen.

dan.dar

Reaction score
I really hope this jb update gets rid of that lag going from the home screen to the quick settings screen.

It's still there in the OCT28th leaked build. It would be nice to know that they've fixed it.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
The soak test is smooth as butter it's supposedly the same as the leak some people over at moto support forums are having some issues but nothing major so if u have issues it's most likely during the update process it might have not completely patched some files or something like that it can be fastbooted back to ics

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Soak test is over and jelly bean is being released in stages starting tonight ota