Isssue on Sapphire 1.1.0

mtz_gto

Reaction score
My favorite feature of Sapphire is the kernal overclocking control.
With that said my second fav feature overall from the Ultimate ROM
is the dedicated home screen two extra widget spots next to the menu.

Can someone please tell me how I can have that feature on the Sapphire 1.0?

Thanks in advance.

grimloktt

Reaction score
I don't believe you're supposed to wipe between the 1.1.0 install and the gapps install.

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Get rid of CW and go to SPR ....

I doubt which recovery he installs it from will make a difference here. Clockwork has become stable enough that people should use it without worrying. Now Rom Manager is another story still... It was during the time Clockwork updated every other day that clockwork was unstable.

I use both CW and Rom Manager without problems.

ditto. the installation was straight forward. Only issue being one 1.0.0 when Rom Manager notified me that 1.1.0 was available than if you just "update", it won't download the ROM, I ended up downloading it manually and everything is fine from there.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I doubt which recovery he installs it from will make a difference here. Clockwork has become stable enough that people should use it without worrying. Now Rom Manager is another story still... It was during the time Clockwork updated every other day that clockwork was unstable.

I use both CW and Rom Manager without problems.

ditto. the installation was straight forward. Only issue being one 1.0.0 when Rom Manager notified me that 1.1.0 was available than if you just "update", it won't download the ROM, I ended up downloading it manually and everything is fine from there.

Yea, I had that exact same issue. Manually downloaded from Rom Manager and was able to install successfully. Was weird, but, I chalked it up to trying to do the update at 1:30am. :D

fatheadrr

Reaction score
ok I will ask here also since more people seem to be responding to this post

I got it. Downloaded both. Put sapphire on my sd card and renamed it to update.zip. Shut phone down and booted up with power and x button. Selected clear cache. Selected clear system data. Tried to run update.zip and get that same message. What am I missing. I have never rooted anything but have installed all the updates and flash this same way. Any idea?

error

Verifying Update Package....
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

grimloktt

Reaction score

I got it. Downloaded both. Put sapphire on my sd card and renamed it to update.zip. Shut phone down and booted up with power and x button. Selected clear cache. Selected clear system data. Tried to run update.zip and get that same message. What am I missing. I have never rooted anything but have installed all the updates and flash this same way. Any idea?

error

Installation Aborted

I don't know. Maybe try to re-download package. I don't know what you're using but with sprecovery we have to first state to allow installation and thene install... If you have something similar on CW, maybe you skipped that step before selecting install?

Eschy

Reaction score

error

Installation Aborted
if im reading this correctly you are not rooted. You have to be rooted with a custom recovery to be able to flash this rom. This is different than a leaked 2.2, this is a custom rom that does not have the google/moto signature on it. If when you boot into recovery and your phone has an exclamation in a triangle you do not have a custom recovery and cannot do this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html use this link if you are interested in using this rom. Use box option 1-4. Then you will be able to use sapphire. The time it takes ranges from 30 mins to 1 hour and 30mins.

Last edited:

Eschy

Reaction score
Alright so i was having some problems early on with this rom but the longer it runs it tends to smooth out. I wonder if this has to do with the JIT compiler or the dalvik heap size? Either way im happy with it now. Anyone else notice this. My only drawback and it is a small one is that my facebook contacts sync keeps turning off.

mtz_gto

Reaction score

error

Installation Aborted
if im reading this correctly you are not rooted. You have to be rooted with a custom recovery to be able to flash this rom. This is different than a leaked 2.2, this is a custom rom that does not have the google/moto signature on it. If when you boot into recovery and your phone has an exclamation in a triangle you do not have a custom recovery and cannot do this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html use this link if you are interested in using this rom. Use box option 1-4. Then you will be able to use sapphire. The time it takes ranges from 30 mins to 1 hour and 30mins.

Im almost 100% positive you dont have to be rooted.
Sapphire 1.0 was my first ROM ever from stock and I didnt start moding till Froyo.

All I did was download the 1.0 push to sdcard then renamed with astro
update.zip.zip by accident, then renamed it correctly to update.zip
pushed it, it installed then I installed the Google apps and from there
manually installed all my apps I kept track of listed on the note pad
on my cpu then backed up to titanium.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You DON'T have to be rooted. You DO have to have a custom recovery flashed (SPR or Clockwork) for the update.zip to work.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
I don't think that is correct either, I pushed the leaked 2.2 with just update.zip
But this was my big mistake, I never saved my stock 2.1 with a nandroid backup. (Noob didn't know better) but I'm not worrying I can update back to stock prior to my replacement getting here this coming Wednesday.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trust me, sapphire will not install using the stock recovery, you have to have spr or cw flashed. The 2.2 update.zip was built to work on any recovery. (edit: depending on which leaked build you're talking about)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Well im not going to continue to argue becuase to be frank I really dont know
one tenth of the knowledge you senior guys have about this stuff.
(Not being sarcastic)

With that said I'd like to mention once more....

Thank you to all the people involved in the hard work and long nights
perfecting the many versions of Sapphire and the many versions to come! :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well im not going to continue to argue becuase to be frank I really dont know
one tenth of the knowledge you senior guys have about this stuff.
(Not being sarcastic)

With that said I'd like to mention once more....

Thank you to all the people involved in the hard work and long nights
perfecting the many versions of Sapphire and the many versions to come! :)

My bad - really wasn't trying to be argumentative... sorry about that. It was late so I was typing "succinct" and I can see how it came across that way. And "seniority" has absolutely zero correlation with knowledge. ;)