Isssue on Sapphire 1.1.0

Reaction score
I just downloaded version 1.1.0 and I tried to download Google Sky Map and Google Search but it wouldn't let me. Any solution to how I can get them?

Eschy

Reaction score
im having the same problem with the google search, i tried removing the apk and that turned out to be dumb because i dont have a search app lol, havent tried sky map. Another problem i am having is installing the updated gmail that was leaked.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh, no, I meant update the post I linked to. :)

Luv.that.root

Reaction score
Looking for some help. Some silly missing file error in metamorph. So all my theme attempts are fail, and I know you genius people know the fix or thread!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking for some help. Some silly missing file error in metamorph. So all my theme attempts are fail, and I know you genius people know the fix or thread!

Check the names of the files in /system/app.

Reaction score
Ok. Sapphire installed perfectly. I went back and installed the google apps files. When I rebooted, it started up fine, and slid to unlock, and it opened to the "Touch Android to Begin" screen. I thought, no biggie, just gotta reregister it for some reason. When I touched the Android, he would only flash white, and nothing else would happen. Two reboots, and still nothing. Flashed back to a recovery file, then reinstalled Sapphire...again no problems. NOT trying the google apps again until someone can tell me what I did wrong.

Battery was at 80%
I'm def rooted
started with Froyo FRG10B before installing Sapphire.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok. Sapphire installed perfectly. I went back and installed the google apps files. When I rebooted, it started up fine, and slid to unlock, and it opened to the "Touch Android to Begin" screen. I thought, no biggie, just gotta reregister it for some reason. When I touched the Android, he would only flash white, and nothing else would happen. Two reboots, and still nothing. Flashed back to a recovery file, then reinstalled Sapphire...again no problems. NOT trying the google apps again until someone can tell me what I did wrong.

Battery was at 80%
I'm def rooted

Flash Rom update, Gapps update, Reboot!! in that order!!!

Jejackson

Reaction score
I have no issues yet with 1.1. Why install search from market if you already have it with the ROM? New gmail installed with no issues as well. 1 minimal gripe...the 50% battery image is 3/4 green...

How hard would it be to get album art in lock screen while music playing, similar to mixzing but with a landscape view...?

Reaction score

Roger that! I'll try it when I get home from work. If I want to add the OC kernal, do I do that before a reboot as well? Flash the ROM, the Apps, the Kernal, then reboot?

I've been using the SPRecovery Reboot screen to install update.zip from the SD card, which is the method described on the Sapphire page. How do I access the SD card prior to rebooting to switch out the update.zip file?

Sorry, I know, these are newbie questions, and I hate being this ignorant coming from a platform I was very proficient with, but I read different threads and forums, and articles last night till my eyes bled. I'm sure I missed it somewhere.

Thanks again, bgill.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Battery was at 80%
I'm def rooted

Definately, for those who need expansion on that ...

Leave your droid hooked to USB on your computer.

Boot to SPR (for my example I use SPR) and enable usb mass storage

Upload the sapphire and the gapps files to the sd card.

Use your computer to then rename the sapphire file to update.

Use SPR to wipe cache, then factory reset, then install, allow update zip install, then have it install the update file.

When done - RE Enable usb mass storage, DO NOT REBOOT.

Delete the update file, and rename the gapps file TO update.

Disable usb mass storage (don't really know if you need to, but I do)

Allow update zip install and install that one.

NOW you can reboot.

You have just flashed both,and on boot you will have sapphire AND your Gapps without having to shutdown and reboot, etc.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with touching the little droid after installing gapps. I would push it but nothing would happen.

I do everything through ROM manager but it wouldn't update through that. I just put the update on my phone, installed through recovery, then rebooted. Seemed to work fine. Went to install the gapps and had the same problem you were talking about.

I just flashed back to my current backup then. Seems like there are some issues with installing the update for some people. I'm running good with 1.0 so I think I'm gonna stick with it.