1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sapphire Question

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by fd2blk78, Sep 27, 2010.

1. fd2blk78

fd2blk78 New Member

Hello friends...quick question. Running Sapphire 1.1.0 with the 2.6.32.9 kernel and watermark'd theme. Have been for a while. Seems to be working fine all the way around. I am curious as to whether or not I should update to the 1.1.1 version of Sapphire. Hopefully someone has made the switch and can let me know what the pluses are and if it is something i should do. thanks for the help.
  2. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Looks like the only significant change on the droid 1 side was increased resolution capability on camera, although that apparently has led to some issues with high-quality video recording. I would say that if you're really happy with how 1.1.0 is running for you, there's not a major impetus here to upgrade.

CHANGELOG:
    1.1.1:
    Added better camera/camcorder resolution support [cyanogen]
    Provides more support for encoding video, audio, and imagery
    within the camera application, based on what is supported by
    the hardware

Added more new boot animations [Ludacrosse05] (Emerald, Obsidian)
    Added the new boot animations from Luda for the emerald and
    obsidian builds

Added Bluetooth MAC settings [koush] (Ruby)
    Added some bluetooth MAC settings to support Bluetooth Audio
    streaming

Moved from libloc to libgps [koush] (Ruby)
    Libloc is a deprecated api for GPS, while libgps is newer.

Scan all mounted directories for Media [koush]
    Added the ability to scan all of the mounted directories for
    media. This allows internal and external storage on some
    devices to have their media show up in Gallery/Music/etc.
  3. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

I tried the 1.1.1 update and it didn't play very well on my phone. Market wasn't able to sync my apps (even after letting it sit for like 2-3 hours), also had a lot of freezes and redraws. Most themes haven't been ported to 1.1.1 so I went back to 1.1.0.

I've been having a lot of random issues with my phone recently so I can't say if its the ROM or my DROID.
  4. ndhill1976

ndhill1976 New Member

I am running 1.1.1 and have no problems, but then again I didn't have any problems on 1.1.0. I kina regret switching because Watermark'd is not available for 1.1.1 yet. I currently have the orange theme, but I loved Watermark'd. I think he will have it updated soon though.