Sapphire Update Help

LT*

Reaction score
How would you go about changing themes or selecting KERNALS manually?

Same thing you did with the ROM. I use SPrecovery, so I rename the Theme/Kernel zip file to Update.zip, put it on the root of my SD card and install it from the recovery menu. I do the ROM, gapps, Kernel, Theme, in that order. It takes a little longer, but I'm in control of what happens and when it happens.

...and you find the themes and kernals online? Thanks again!

Yes, In each developers section on this site, there are usually links to Kernels and Themes that work with their ROMs. I'm a little unclear on which kernels are ROM specific, so I just stick with those recommended by the ROM developer. I believe themes are ROM specific, so check the section of the ROM you want for compatible themes.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
How would you go about changing themes or selecting KERNALS manually?

Same thing you did with the ROM. I use SPrecovery, so I rename the Theme/Kernel zip file to Update.zip, put it on the root of my SD card and install it from the recovery menu. I do the ROM, gapps, Kernel, Theme, in that order. It takes a little longer, but I'm in control of what happens and when it happens.

Go to sapphire:releases:1.1.1 [CCRoms Wiki] for all kernels, there are also some themes there. Other themes may be updated on this forum.

OP
M

mattevans

Reaction score

Go to sapphire:releases:1.1.1 [CCRoms Wiki] for all kernels, there are also some themes there. Other themes may be updated on this forum.

Sorry to be a bother, this is just very informative. So since I have manually updated all zips, like earlier in the thread. Can I do the same process with the kernal and theme without reinstalling the 1.1.1 and gapp?

OP
M

mattevans

Reaction score
This may be a silly question, but once you do all of this, can you take the update.zip files off of the SDcard?

LT*

Reaction score
This may be a silly question, but once you do all of this, can you take the update.zip files off of the SDcard?

You should be deleting each one after you're done flashing, You don't need any more than one Update.zip file on there at any given time.

luvdldy

Reaction score
Why can't the powers that be just update the ROM accordingly to work with ROM Manager... I mean that's the point of automation.

SAPPHIRE TEAM WHAT GIVES!!!

Pathos

Reaction score
The other way is idiot-proof. I think would be a good reason to do it. Less people (noobs like me) 'bricking' their phone (although it could probably be fixed so not a permanent brick).

FYI: about the talk to text - you need install Voice Search from the market.