Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Could Care less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
This garbage again?

blah blah blah iphone verizon blah blah blah

It's not happening. Forget it. Anyone who believes it is mentally challenged.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
IF it comes to VZW, you will hear a lot of media buzz about how many units are sold, but in truth, most will be AT&T people jumping ship so the net gain for Apple won't be all that big in regards to total users.

That would be quite the sucker punch!

Think about how obsessive and foolish some fanboys are. They jumped all over themselves to overpay for IPhone4. Now Jobs puts the same phone on VZW and they'll pony up for the better network. A few months later the new IPhone comes out in June and he's into their wallets again. Maybe he even breaks with tradition and comes out a few months later with an LTE-capable IPhone and passes the hat again. Muahahahaaa!

jack902902

Reaction score
Regardless, Verizon will have good unit sales to report.

If Att customers jump ship, they will have to buy the CDMA iPhone to work on Verizon.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless, Verizon will have good unit sales to report.

If Att customers jump ship, they will have to buy the CDMA iPhone to work on Verizon.

let me give you an idea on that....VZW polled Iphone users and amazingly 35% of the IPhone owners polled said they would leave ATT for VZW if they had an Iphone...

so at 34 mill units in the wild 35% is ? x avg. sub $$ =

yes thats a real poll and a very very large number on the whole..figure new users... plus people who trade up from "dumb" phones and the numbers are staggering

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This garbage again?

blah blah blah iphone verizon blah blah blah

It's not happening. Forget it. Anyone who believes it is mentally challenged.

talk to me early next year.... i'll be correct again and you'll be buying an IPhone (maybe)

Varking

Reaction score
I love the thought process here of "if you don't like X phone over Y phone than you must be blind/must be retarded/must be handicapped/must be special/must be a sheep/must be somebody who can not think for themselves/is an idiot.

Some people just ruin forums.

aldrichg9

Reaction score
X2!!!

i love the thought process here of "if you don't like x phone over y phone than you must be blind/must be retarded/must be handicapped/must be special/must be a sheep/must be somebody who can not think for themselves/is an idiot.

Some people just ruin forums.

NVash

Reaction score
I could careless when it comes out. Im not due for an upgrade for another year. Is that an option? No? Darn. Id much prefer the R2D2 Droid. That an option? No? Darn.

Seriously though, its no secret that Id want the iPhone if it came to Verizon and Im sure many others would as well. Question is how many people are locked in contracts already? How many are like me, theyd like it but they still have a year on the contract and even if it was up theyd rather have another phone? That might make an interesting comparison to all the people who leave AT&T.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
so at 34 mill units in the wild 35% is ? x avg. sub $$ =

What would be funny is if those 12M buyers came in to sign-up and VZW got over half of them with "well, let me interest you in this Android LTE-capable phone with network speeds over 10X faster"

In all honesty VZW is going to have a boatload of 3G capacity very soon. The IPhone would be a great way for them to squeeze some additional $$$ out of it.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
For those so adamant about Verizon not getting the iPhone, did any of you catch the press release about the iPad coming to Verizon at the end of the month? You don't think that means anything in the grand scheme? I'll bet money you're wrong on that one.

As far as those talking such an incredibly large amount of trash about the iPhone, you should be thanking God that it exists, because I will say here and now Android would NOT be growing and developing like it is today without the iPhone competition. It ain't the Windows Mobile platform pushing Android growth.

Further, a couple others nailed it. Why, exactly, is it so important to be so incredibly derogatory about the iPhone? Only a fraction of the people running their mouths about them that I have met have ever even touched them before slamming them. How incredibly mature.

If everyone wants to really see Android grow and develop, even faster than it is now, than the iPhone will be the means to help it happen.

I have the Incredible now and love it but will say right here and now, if the iPhone hits Verizon, I'll be upgrading my wife's phone so she can have it. Not everyone has the patience or inclination to root a phone to really get the most out of it. Some people are lucky to even turn it on.

And say what you will, Apple DOES make a very nice piece of hardware. There is no denying that unless your delusional. And don't bring up the antenna bit on the 4G. I will throw out antenna and signal issues on Android all day long.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If everyone wants to really see Android grow and develop, even faster than it is now, than the iPhone will be the means to help it happen.

I don't know that I fully accept that premise. IMO, Google has it's long long-term sights on MS and it's near monopoly on the PC OS. Android is their opportunity to attack that. You have a point in regards to the hardware, but I feel like the hardware is pretty close to it's useable plateau (much more at this point is overkill). Not that phones won't one day be as powerful as a PC and laptops go the way of the dinosaur, but I see that proceeding with or without Apple.

Google isn't focused solely on Android. They are trying to be the ultimate comm service provider and suck people in as a company they can't do without. And Android/cells is how they leverage that into PC's and other devices in the home.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

I don't know that I fully accept that premise. IMO, Google has it's long long-term sights on MS and it's near monopoly on the PC OS. Android is their opportunity to attack that. You have a point in regards to the hardware, but I feel like the hardware is pretty close to it's useable plateau (much more at this point is overkill). Not that phones won't one day be as powerful as a PC and laptops go the way of the dinosaur, but I see that proceeding with or without Apple.

Google isn't focused solely on Android. They are trying to be the ultimate comm service provider and suck people in as a company they can't do without. And Android/cells is how they leverage that into PC's and other devices in the home.

I completely agree with that. And you're completely right with their overall target, also. I just think Apple has really pushed them more than Microsoft because we see the development advances Apple has made in comparison to the Microsoft Mobile Platform. They still have yet to have any kind of firm grip on the market and really never had a huge stake in the game. They've always been to slow and clunky.

I guess for lack of a better way to put it, Apple and Google have actually come to complement each other quite well. There seems to be a good back and forth between them pushing the advancements.

Definitely going to be interesting watching the growth of these devices in the very near future.