Droid RAZR Maxx KO's Apple's iPhone on Verizon

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
razrmaxx.jpeg

According to analyst Anil Doradia, Motorola's Droid RAZR Maxx is outselling the Apple iPhone at Verizon during the quarter ending this month. According to the analyst, this is the first quarter since the launch of the OG Apple iPhone, that the device was not the top selling model at any North American carrier where it was offered. Doradia says:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Since Apple’s iPhone launch in North America, we believe this was the first quarter where the iPhone was not the best‐selling smartphone at a North American mobile operator (where it was available). While Apple continued to maintain its top position at AT&T and Sprint, Motorola’s Droid RAZR MAXX was the best‐ selling smartphone at Verizon. Our checks also indicate that at this stage consumers are not pausing in front of the iPhone launch as it is not influencing their purchasing decisions (but we expect it to start impacting over the next couple of months). Despite the “increased competitive landscape from 4G devices (and the iPhone 4S is not 4G),” Doradia is “not worried” as the next iPhone model, a true 4G phone, “will be an important catalyst for the company,” he believes.

Doradia says that this is not the result of potential Apple iPhone buyers at Verizon holding off for the next model of the iconic device. So there you have it, the champion has been knocked out of the number one spot...........for now.

Source: Barrons

Last edited by a moderator:

Caesars

Reaction score
Not surprising ;-) Verizon has no reason to push iPhones like certain other carriers that's sole existence can be linked to the iPhone :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jayman350

Reaction score
yeah they have been pushing LTE devices pretty hard. I'm sure this will all change once the new iphone is released (assuming it has LTE), then VZW will be pushing you to go iphone and nothing else.

Caesars

Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see how Verizon handle the new iPhone. From what I hear androids make Verizon more money however iPhones don't come back to the store every two months for repair lol.

Exaggeration I know but you get the point :)

nikecar

Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see how Verizon handle the new iPhone. From what I hear androids make Verizon more money however iPhones don't come back to the store every two months for repair lol.

Exaggeration I know but you get the point :)
no, they go to the Genius bar at the Apple store.

ExodusC

Reaction score
I didn't dislike my iPhone 3G back in the day, but if you put an iPhone 4S up against the RAZR MAXX there's no contest for me. You just can't beat the battery life on the RAZR MAXX.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think the iphone5 will support lte. So lets see what happens when its release.

This is a big plus for android though :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

johnd09

Reaction score
The Razr HD will still likely stomp a new iPhone with LTE. I doubt Apple will be willing to add that much weight and size to include a massive battery, and from what I've seen phones with the S4 processor seem to be doing better on battery life than previous devices.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The Razr HD will still likely stomp a new iPhone with LTE. I doubt Apple will be willing to add that much weight and size to include a massive battery, and from what I've seen phones with the S4 processor seem to be doing better on battery life than previous devices.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Here's to hoping :) but the new iphone 5 has a few tricks up its sleeve from what I hear. Liquid metal back, a bigger display, lte, and some other stuff that IOS fans might like... for what its worth, liquid metal is a polymer glass composite... not too exciting. But it may be to them :shrug:

I would like nothing more than to see the HD stomp the new IOS device. :)

Caesars

Reaction score
It will be hard to avoid the iPhone 6 lol , must remember ipads/maxx combo is amazing....don't Neeed ipads/iPhone/maxx...just so tempting lol.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its all in the size of the battery....who said size doesnt matter.....

Seriously....one can actually use LTE and not have to worry about being near a charger 3 hours later. Must be liberating. Yea extended batteries can do the same thing. Its just nice to have a battery that size come with the phone.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Here's to hoping :) but the new iphone 5 has a few tricks up its sleeve from what I hear. Liquid metal back, a bigger display, lte, and some other stuff that IOS fans might like... for what its worth, liquid metal is a polymer glass composite... not too exciting. But it may be to them :shrug:

I would like nothing more than to see the HD stomp the new IOS device. :)

Apple already said it won't be using liquid metal in any product for quite a while. Bigger screen...Maybe, but I doubt it will be that much bigger. LTE...I doubt it. That will be too much of a good thing to come from Apple. Expect LTE when AT&T has enough LTE coverage to make it worth it. Camera...maybe better, but i doubt 12 or 13 megapixels. Software will be its only good feature repository and even then...I'm not banking on anything good except maybe their own Maps app which will still be worse than Google Maps.

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm super pumped to see the iPhone 6, I was worried the screen was just a stretched ip4.....but I have hope lol.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Apple already said it won't be using liquid metal in any product for quite a while. Bigger screen...Maybe, but I doubt it will be that much bigger. LTE...I doubt it. That will be too much of a good thing to come from Apple. Expect LTE when AT&T has enough LTE coverage to make it worth it. Camera...maybe better, but i doubt 12 or 13 megapixels. Software will be its only good feature repository and even then...I'm not banking on anything good except maybe their own Maps app which will still be worse than Google Maps.

I was unaware they had made that decision.. just shows how much I don't follow apple. :D