Im a big fan of the new Beautiful Widget!!!

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used Astro to do mine. Just open the app, hit the menu button, then to to tools. From there go to app manager/backup. Select the app and hit backup.

mitchb2

Reaction score
They can take Beautiful out of the title.
I hate it. It isn't the app I paid for, and it's ugly and desperate.

What's the refund process?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

If it's less than 24 hours, you can get a refund. Otherwise nope.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I backed it up - as long as it continues to work I will use it.

Then when it stops I will buy the weather widget donate that looks similar AND has a calender built in.

CaptainDango

Reaction score
I really like the new look.

I have the old one backed up just in case but the new one looks like it belongs on the Droid.

F&@K HTC and their Nazi ways.

It always kinda bugged me that the flip clock never flipped, its kinda like just there to imitate and not a true fuctioning widget. Kinda ricey. Now we don't have that problem. A new truely unique look. If only we can have those BEAUTIFUL weather animations, like the rain effects ect. that would be amazing.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Home ++ comes with nice flip clock widgets that do flip... just FYI and they are free.:icon_ banana:

I really like the new look.

I have the old one backed up just in case but the new one looks like it belongs on the Droid.

F&@K HTC and their Nazi ways.

It always kinda bugged me that the flip clock never flipped, its kinda like just there to imitate and not a true fuctioning widget. Kinda ricey. Now we don't have that problem. A new truely unique look. If only we can have those BEAUTIFUL weather animations, like the rain effects ect. that would be amazing.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
after having the 'new' look of beautiful widgets on my phone all day i can say that it has grown on me... does seem more fitting for the Droid... also with Home++ having a real flip clock (it actually flips!) the Beautiful Widget design did suffer from not having that function....

new screen seems more consistent with the lock screen

adam8ch

Reaction score
new one is ugly. really liked brettlewis' designs, hope he gets around to making a clock widget.
35845fn.jpg

raven1911

Reaction score
I have to agree, I like the new version better. I like the translucent clock with my background and I feel the font of the clock goes better with the phone. It just looks better IMO. I think you have to give it a bit to grow on you.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why?

First let me start by telling you he got a C&D order only 48 hours prior to this update. That's excellent support.

Second I say his disclaimer about the download. If you know it changed the look why download the update?

The developer is working hard and will continue to add updates and features as he can. Calling it "ugly and desperate" seems a little "over the top" IMHO.

Also the developer has posted here in this forum before and offed support for this product. I don't see HTC doing that :icon_eek:. My point is try to relax a little. If you don't like the new look use your back up to go back to the "beautiful" look than. I for one like this better than the first one :). Have a great day!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ The fact that the developer had another design available (whether you like it or not) in just shy of 48 hours from receiving the cease and desist is amazing. That kind of support is what we need to be supporting from developers :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Update: Small Home widget now available again! Just received update!
it's 1x4.... fits nicely across the screen.

Last edited:

adam8ch

Reaction score
^ If I had published an app that was selling quite well, and it was removed due to my own theft of idea, I would put up a replacement as soon as possible so I could keep selling the app. The developer is very active and thoughtful, but its not like he rewrote the code. He just changed a couple of images. I don't think there is anything wrong with criticizing paid apps. Free apps even, but not as much as paid apps.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ If I had published an app that was selling quite well, and it was removed due to my own theft of idea, I would put up a replacement as soon as possible so I could keep selling the app. The developer is very active and thoughtful, but its not like he rewrote the code. He just changed a couple of images. I don't think there is anything wrong with criticizing paid apps. Free apps even, but not as much as paid apps.

i agree. everyone has the right to criticize a paid app... I was just giving my opinion. Wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes :icon_eek: