Im a big fan of the new Beautiful Widget!!!

Chillson

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't care too much for the new design. I wish he would have used the one that Brett Lewis designed:

35845fn.png

But, Brett found a thread here that was very positive of his design and is looking to learn the programming to make it:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/9461-beautiful-widget-question-3.html

So if anybody has the experience necessary to help him make this a reality, well get to it! :icon_ banana:

That's a pretty cool design!

Mojo

Reaction score
Ohhh I like that design too!! I would love to see that in the market. Maybe Bret should get with the guys that make beautiful widgets and collaborate

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Not too crazy about the "new" BW..The developer seems to have just rushed the revision out.

The am/pm is just thrown in there without any thought I think.

The whole layout looks like an afterthought to me. I'm disappointed.....

Mojo

Reaction score
Ohhh I like that design too!! I would love to see that in the market. Maybe Bret should get with the guys that make beautiful widgets and collaborate

i think he tried and they shot it down :(

thats too bad :mad: cause that is hott! Oh well, I will stay on the lookout for him to just create his own.

BTW your wall paper is hot! Where you find that at?

Magdroid

Reaction score
Not too crazy about the "new" BW..The developer seems to have just rushed the revision out.

The am/pm is just thrown in there without any thought I think.

The whole layout looks like an afterthought to me. I'm disappointed.....

Agreed. The whole thing is rushed and awful looking.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I wish we could get Beautiful Widgets to at least use the same clock font as the lock screen. The one they are using is close, but it different and is a little "fat".

It would look more refined using the Droid clock font and it would match perfectly.

If anyone knows them well enough to get them the file here it is.....just rename it from .zip back to .ttf

diggity

Reaction score
Just throwing in a "me too". I liked the original BW, but it always seemed a little out of place on the Droid home screen. The new one suits it much better. My only wish is that he would add the ability to adjust the background transparency, but that's just a personal preference.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I think what irks me the most about the new update to BW is the dividing line at the bottom, or the "shadow" persay... which pretty much doesnt sync with ANY background, and makes it look tacky.

Akitakan

Reaction score
Newbie here. I downloaded Beautiful Widget a couple of days ago (new version). Having seen pictures of the old version, I do like the new one better. For all the bad comments from folks disappointed by the new version, you all must admit that the Dev works his butt off. Now I for one will always support someone who provides that level of service. Besides, we all know that eventually, many of these same folks will end up coming back. Why, because the Dev actually listens to EVERYONE's concerns. Keep the faith folks. :)