Beautiful Widgets Right for me?

StormOpz

Reaction score
Why hello there Droid Forums!! Yea I'm a noob with a first serious question that you probably get all the time in these parts of the forums... so I wanna get beautiful widgets but I keep hearing that its a battery hog big time, and I am very anal about efficiency with my devices (kinda like anyone else here)... I really just want a nice clock widget for my home page and nothing really much else; Is beautiful widgets the right choice for me? Thanks in advance for your comments and advice

-StormOpz

tu3218

Reaction score
I don't think its a battery hog at all. I switched to fancy widget(not on the market anymore) just for a htc taste for a little an I've had the same battery life as before with beautiful widgets. I think it just determines if you have location turned on for the weather an refresh rate.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't find it a battery hog either. Doesn't even show up on the list of Battery Use.

Don't forget, if you buy an app from the Market, you will get a refund if you uninstall within 24 hours. That way you can see for yourself if it's a battery drain.

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
I use Beautiful Widgets, with geolocation on and refresh rate at every 2 hours. I can barely tell it's there, as far as the battery is concerned.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use BW and it refreshes every 30 minutes and I don't find it to be a battery hog at all

joesaksx

Reaction score
My bw refreshes every 30 min. No battery drain. I also find it to be my one must Have app.

Reaction score
battery hog, oink, oink

My bw refreshes every 30 min. No battery drain. I also find it to be my one must Have app.

Wow mine was set for every hour and from 18-20 hours battery I now get 12 hours. I've reset to every 4 hours and we'll see. Love the look of BW tried going back to the older flip clock and it's not near as nice.

Inspeqtor

Reaction score
I was surprised when I was looking thru the settings of the Droid that I cannot select a digital clock, but only have the analog clock.

After reading this, and also after seeing a video on youtube about Beautiful Widgets I just now bought it as I was looking for a nice digital clock for my Droid.

I was thinking Beautiful Widgets would have the digital clock, but I do not see a digital clock there either so I may uninstall it within the 24 hour limit unless someone here can tell me how to get a digital clock using Beautiful Widgets.... or do I need to uninstall that and download something else?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I was surprised when I was looking thru the settings of the Droid that I cannot select a digital clock, but only have the analog clock.

After reading this, and also after seeing a video on youtube about Beautiful Widgets I just now bought it as I was looking for a nice digital clock for my Droid.

I was thinking Beautiful Widgets would have the digital clock, but I do not see a digital clock there either so I may uninstall it within the 24 hour limit unless someone here can tell me how to get a digital clock using Beautiful Widgets.... or do I need to uninstall that and download something else?

You need to select skin you want to use, many of which are digital clocks. Click on the sun/moon in the lower right corner of the Beautiful Widgets widget. When the forecast comes up click menu and then Skins. Last time I checked there were about 50 to choose from, but that was a while ago so I would expect they are near 100 by now. Go through the Configure options as well. You can make the background transparent, etc. One of the coolest things is to download Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper and it will turn your background into an animated forecast with rain, lightning, snow, etc. Very cool. If you do that go into Configure and turn off the weather icon so you do not get two suns/moons.

Inspeqtor

Reaction score

You need to select skin you want to use, many of which are digital clocks. Click on the sun/moon in the lower right corner of the Beautiful Widgets widget. When the forecast comes up click menu and then Skins. Last time I checked there were about 50 to choose from, but that was a while ago so I would expect they are near 100 by now. Go through the Configure options as well. You can make the background transparent, etc. One of the coolest things is to download Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper and it will turn your background into an animated forecast with rain, lightning, snow, etc. Very cool. If you do that go into Configure and turn off the weather icon so you do not get two suns/moons.

How do I select skin? When I am in the widget menu I see nothing about skin. Is it possible to select a digital clock from skin without Beautiful Widgets?

Thank you for your reply :)

OP
S

StormOpz

Reaction score
Different Model?

Thank you guys for your input!! The 24 hours trial is a very nice thing to know and most of your enthusiasm is shifting my view on the matter... I just have one last question: Does it matter which kind of droid you have if It does drain the battery a lot? I mean I just purchased my droid x and I just wanna make sure that my X isn't that much different from whichever phones you guys are referring to. Thanks again
-StormOpz

Inspeqtor

Reaction score
I am really disapointed in this forum. I have asked several questions, and I have gotten some answers, but I have not gotten an answer to some other questions that to me I feel are important.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

How do I select skin? When I am in the widget menu I see nothing about skin. Is it possible to select a digital clock from skin without Beautiful Widgets?

Thank you for your reply :)

Long press on homescreen>widgets>beautiful home or beautiful smaller home

Bam, digital clock

joesaksx

Reaction score
Dude...... At the bottom it says skins. That is Where you will find your digital clock. Next time chill and look before you rush to judgement.

blaxer

Reaction score
How do I access the BW settings once its installed on the homescreen?