Im a big fan of the new Beautiful Widget!!!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Clock is fine with me I just want the animations... when they remake those I'll update.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know, I liked the Digital Clock mockup best of all, someone needs to jump on that and make it ASAP, will defintely buy it if it has all the other weather animation options like BW.

Actually I wanted it to look more like the time circuits in the DeLorean. :)

Oh, the nixie tubes!
Kinda hard to emulate in 2D though...

:)

Nope, they were LEDs. There used to be a program called "My Time" which allowed you to enter a date (11/05/55 at 1:12AM was entered as 110519550112) and it changed the display.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Hmmm?

I'm sure this had to be done and all for legal reasons, but I'm NOT liking this 'new' look' at all.

Oh Well, so much for the 'beautiful' part... UNINSTALL!​

I also noticed that there doesn't appear to be a small version of the home widget any longer.

I'm interested to see where the developer goes next...​

shademar

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of not-too-distant-future font styles (I don't really like the one on the lockscreen either.) I'm hopeful that the dev will add a few choices to the app now that it's something other than a sense-clone (a digital readout or a simple sans serif would be my own preferences.)

m3kilpat

Reaction score
For anyone complaining about the new BW look....it was changed due to the cease and desist. Only 2 days after getting it he changed the widget altogether. That's freakin fast. But at this point it's like starting over, so yes, things won't be as perfect because he's starting anew. But things will only get better from here and I will continue to use it.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't care too much for the new design. I wish he would have used the one that Brett Lewis designed:

35845fn.png

But, Brett found a thread here that was very positive of his design and is looking to learn the programming to make it:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/9461-beautiful-widget-question-3.html

So if anybody has the experience necessary to help him make this a reality, well get to it! :icon_ banana:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Unfortunately, I don't care too much for the new design. I wish he would have used the one that Brett Lewis designed:

35845fn.png

But, Brett found a thread here that was very positive of his design and is looking to learn the programming to make it:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/9461-beautiful-widget-question-3.html

So if anybody has the experience necessary to help him make this a reality, well get to it! :icon_ banana:

If Beautiful Widgets doesn't take Bret up on his offer of this design, they are nuts...or at least they should offer it as a widget option. To give Bret credit it could be called the "Beautiful Brett Matthews Home" :)

BUT, without the option of using "existing code" I guess it would be a lot more work to code this from scratch. Not a Dev so I don't know.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This look for the widget is amazing. I hope it makes it way to us!

jdm

Reaction score
Probably should have reduced the price IMO. People originally paid for a sense clone and now have a something very different with no support for the original "beautiful" product.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Developer mentioned skins might be available... i'm gonna give it a few days and if it doesn't come to fruition I'm gonna jump on to Weather Widgets.... really like the option to change the look, especially now since the 'look' isn't as good.

MAzing87

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the new widget design. Looks more modern. Im cool with it.

MAzing87

Reaction score

35845fn.png

That's a nice design too.